laid off b4 180 days from I485 filing

mahaperu

Registered Users (C)
Hi
My I485 receipt date is 18 Dec, 2002, and my I140 approval date is 24 Feb 2003. Unfortunately, I did not apply for an EAD simultaneously with my I485. I applied for my EAD in last week of March. I was laid off a few days ago and my company is going to revoke my H1B in 30 days (from date of my termination). They wont revoke the I140 though. I had seen on this site that people have advise taking a H1B instead of going on EAD. However, its very difficult to find any employers doing H1B right now (especially within 30 days). There are some companies who would do a H1B and put me on "bench". I consulted both Sheela Murthy and Rajiiv Khanna and they advised me to take a position based on the EAD.
However, the EAD is taking longer than 90 days, and I was thinking of applying for iEAD after 90 days. One of the questions of the EAD is "your current status" and "status you last entered US on". I gues answer to the second part is H1B for me, but what about my current status. What is my current status, "I485 pending". Would there be any problems?
Please advise
Bye
Ncp