Labor subtitution - urgent

setram

Registered Users (C)
All,

Please someone help me.

I am planning to substitute a pre-approved labor. I have few questions about this labor. I want to make sure that I can use this.

The pre-approved labor requires the following:
1. M.Sc in Computer Science and 2 years experience
2. Position: QA
3. Skill Set: oracle, java, sql server (non-AS/400)

But I have the following qualificationds
1. M.Sc in Mathematics, PGDCA and I have around 9 years experience
2. My current position is Sr Programar/Analyst
3. Skill Set: AS/400

Can I substitute this labor. Please someone reply.

Thanks

I mean... nothing seems to match here at first glance...so you need to have a lot of paperwork to support how you posess these skills.

I am labor sub as well...but I have (hopefully) a pretty good match, EB2, masters coursework for skill, letter from Dean, well known tech company. So, i am keeping my fingers crossed! My lawyer said that typically labor subs are scrutinized more carefully than regular labors, since it provides a substantial benefit to the new beneficiary (you). This is the reason they are trying to do away with it by introducing the new rule.

I opted for it since it does not cost me anything and it is risk free. My original labor filed in Oct'04 still continues, so if the sub gets screwed I have something to fall back on.

If yours is "free" or "affordable" you can go for it. The reward justifies the risk. However, you would probably have to provide a lot of justification/paperwork to prove you are a decent match to avoid being rejected.

The new rule that "abolishes" labor sub can come into effect in a few months...so you will have to act fast. I have also heard stories of scamsters...so watch out for that as well!

Good luck!

hi there,

I came across a company for filing GC as substitute for a approved labor with them. Based on the below information, can anyone suggest me - do I qualify for substitution?

Approved labor PD with New Company: July 2002
Entry into USA: F1 Visa - Jan 2002.
Graduation: May 2003. Computer Engineering
H1B through current employer: Jan 2004.
PD through current employer: Feb 2005

Prior to Jan 02, I graduated in Bachelors and had 6 months of experience in homeland. On July 2002, the new company filed for Labor with a requirement - 4 year computer experience or Bachelors with an year experience. But, when they applied for Labor, and until May 2003, I was on F1 - doing Masters. So, I was wondering, am I applicable of this substitution without any issues in future?

Please, advice me or give suggestions if you have any. I really appreciate your time and consideration.

Thank you

Regards
gcprocsucks

doesitmatter said:
I mean... nothing seems to match here at first glance...so you need to have a lot of paperwork to support how you posess these skills.

I am labor sub as well...but I have (hopefully) a pretty good match, EB2, masters coursework for skill, letter from Dean, well known tech company. So, i am keeping my fingers crossed! My lawyer said that typically labor subs are scrutinized more carefully than regular labors, since it provides a substantial benefit to the new beneficiary (you). This is the reason they are trying to do away with it by introducing the new rule.

I opted for it since it does not cost me anything and it is risk free. My original labor filed in Oct'04 still continues, so if the sub gets screwed I have something to fall back on.

If yours is "free" or "affordable" you can go for it. The reward justifies the risk. However, you would probably have to provide a lot of justification/paperwork to prove you are a decent match to avoid being rejected.

The new rule that "abolishes" labor sub can come into effect in a few months...so you will have to act fast. I have also heard stories of scamsters...so watch out for that as well!

Good luck!