Labor Substitution

shabbu77

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I am planning to use an already approved labor but was wondering the risks involved using the same. If anyboudy used Labor Sustitution Process pls advise.

Thanks,
Shabbu77

I don't see any risks. INS very well knows and maybe approving more LC substitute cases per day than the regular cases.

All you need to take care is the you qualifications and job profile satisfies the LC that your going to use.

1. Job profile - I believe job description will be same. Make sure title and salary close to that specified in LC.

2. Your Education and skills & experience - This is the important thing. You must have educational back ground ( degrees and yrs of experience ) same as/better than those specified in LC as of LC filed date.

My I-140 with lot of salary difference and title ( both better than specified in LC ) was approved recently without RFE. May be because the LC was filed long back and they considered the progressive experience. But I would not count on that. So make sure yours is close - to have better case.

Goodluck.

Processing Time

hi gcinfo1971:

I have filed concurrent 140/485 using a substituted LC with priority date of Jan 2001. Does this save time in the 140/485 process?

Thanks
Winner