Labor Substitution Getting Scrapped!

gb04

Registered Users (C)
2 new rules will go in effect soon:

1) Labor Substitution will no longer be allowed!

*CORRECTED*
2) Only 45 days will be given to file 140 after labor approval!

This is to prevent the recent cases of fraud in selling of labor approvals!

Check breaking-news section in www.immigration-law.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope this does not effect the existing labor substituted cases. One way this is good, so that the fraud of selling approved labors (at unbelievable prices) will stop.

I agree that this is good to applicants who get jumped ahead by people who use substitue labors and its also serves those "parasite" body shoppers right who were making a quick buck off of this.

But, there were legitimate candidates like yours truly, who were geniunely recruited to fill the need of companies who were short on much needed skills. Remember, substitue labors were being made available in the first place because the original candidate decided not to pursue the full time position available to them.

I think a better approach would have been to allow substitution within 45 days of getting labor approved or not letting the PD carry over to the substituted candidate. Either approach would have prevented queue jumping or labor-selling considering PERM is so fast.

I am scared

gb04 said:
I agree that this is good to applicants who get jumped ahead by people who use substitue labors and its also serves those "parasite" body shoppers right who were making a quick buck off of this.

But, there were legitimate candidates like yours truly, who were geniunely recruited to fill the need of companies who were short on much needed skills. Remember, substitue labors were being made available in the first place because the original candidate decided not to pursue the full time position available to them.

I think a better approach would have been to allow substitution within 45 days of getting labor approved or not letting the PD carry over to the substituted candidate. Either approach would have prevented queue jumping or labor-selling considering PERM is so fast.
\

Does this affect the files cases ?

gb04 said:
2) Only 45 days will be given to file 140/485 after labor approval!

Correction: to file I-140 within 45-Day of LC Approval, but not necessarily I-485

Thanks. Made the correction.

Btw, I am pretty positive its not going to be effective retroactively. But with this news, I think there will be a mass hysteria induced blow-out sale (must-sell-now,going-out-of-business,no-downpayment) and feeding-frenzy of these pre-approved labors before this rule takes effect. Companies will want to sell it at huge discounts and desperate candidates will lap it up. Very interesting development.

hail the decision

i hail the move.
My previous company fired nearly 3000 people back in '99. Many of them had their labor approved. Those days labor took only about 3 months to come through. We did not have concurrent filing of 485. People had to also wait for 3 - 4 years after thyeir 140 approval to file for 485. I was one of the victims.
Then when the consulting market picked up again in 2001/02 they used the approved labor (like selling on ebay) to attract desi programmers for contracting opportunities and grew their consulting business again.
All those sub labor cases were approved in less than 1 year sometimes. I am still waiting for my approval though - even though I have filed through my own original labor.
This(labor sub) has been the most unscrupuloous,attrocious scheme I have seen in my life. It is a shame and insult to people like me who are in this situation nearly 10 years after entering the country.