Labor & I-140 Approved & Left the Company. Can I file I-485?

swethaprakash

Hi All,
Please help my situation. When I was with Company 'A', Labor +I-140 is completed. This is with Nebraska Service Centre. I had to leave that company and Now I am with different company B. Company 'B' wants to process my Green Card. I have just 1 more yr. left on H1-6 yr. limit. Is there any way, company 'B' can file from I-485 stage? If not possible, Can I request company 'A' guys to process I-485 and I can say that I will bear the expenses. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

I dont think your company "A" will agree to file your i-485 for simple reason they have nothing to benefit out of this. Now coming to your company "B". they will not file your i-485 as they did not process your Green card to begin with. For any reason if they say we will file, then again there is a risk, as I have heard "sometimes" INS asks you to prove your work status with company by providing pay-stubs which you will not have as you are not getting paid by company "A".

However, there is an option but its risky. You can go to a private immigration attorney and ask him if he would file but still your company "B" has to agree to provide necessary paperwork. If they dont then you have no otpion left. I am not an attorney , please dont take this as a professional advice. Verify at your end.