Labor Certification Approval in Two Weeks

weisusu

Registered Users (C)
My PERM labor certification was submitted two weeks ago, and it was approved today. So it took only two weeks to get the labor cerfication approved. My lawyer is getting things ready to file for I-140. My questions are:

1. Knowing the my labor certification is approved so quickly, does it mean that I-140 and I-485 are quick turn around too?
2. How long does I-140 typically take? The petition will be filed at Nebraska.
3. How long does I-485 typically take? My application is eb-3. I have a bachelor's degree in engineering, and I was born in Malaysia.
4. Assuming that I-140 is approved, and I-485 is submitted, at which point can I leave my current employer? I heard that I can switch job without getting I-485 fully approved.
5. What is a PD date? How PD relates to I-485 filing?

Last edited by a moderator:
PD shud be current

weisusu said:
My PERM labor certification was submitted two weeks ago, and it was approved today. So it took only two weeks to get the labor cerfication approved. My lawyer is getting things ready to file for I-140 and I-485. My questions are:

1. Knowing the my labor certification is approved so quickly, does it mean that I-140 and I-485 are quick turn around too?
2. How long does I-140 typically take? The petition will be filed at Nebraska.
3. How long does I-485 typically take? My application is eb-3. I have a bachelor's degree in engineering, and I was born in Malaysia.
4. Assuming that I-140 is approved, and I-485 is submitted, at which point can I leave my current employer? I heard that I can switch job without getting I-485 fully approved.

congrats on your labor approval.But you cannot file 485 till ur PD is current. Even i am in same situation.i have labor pending in EB3 and EB2 .i am from world wide category. i know i can file my 485 immediately for EB2 labor after approval.but cant do it for EB3 .I am surprised your lawyer said u cud can you tell me more about it.

Which center approved your PERM- Atlanta or CHicago? If you don't know center, please tell us your state and we'll figure it out. Thank you.