Labor Certification and Canadian PR

raju125

Registered Users (C)
Folks

Here's the situation:

My labor certification has been pending for a long time. In the meantime, I applied for a Canadian Permanent Residency (about 16 months ago). Now, the Canadian PR has been approved and I have been asked to go there to get my stamping done.

Here are my concerns:

- What effect does this have on the pending labor certification and 140/485?
- What effect does this have on 7th year extension?
- If I get the Canadian stamping done on my passport, wouldn't there be questions asked when it goes for your green card stamping?
- If I travel to Canada and get my stamping done and ask them to mail the actual card to a friend of mine in Canada, who can then mail it to me back to the US, what repurcussions will it have when I travelt to Canada again (this time with the actual card and not a visa)?

Any guidance you can shed on this will be greatly appreciated
Thank you

Folks

Here's the situation:

My labor certification has been pending for a long time. In the meantime, I applied for a Canadian Permanent Residency (about 16 months ago). Now, the Canadian PR has been approved and I have been asked to go there to get my stamping done.

Here are my concerns:

NOTHING

NOTHING

- If I get the Canadian stamping done on my passport, wouldn't there be questions asked when it goes for your green card stamping?
WHY WILL THEY ASK? EVEN IF THEY DO, IT IS NOT FORBIDDEN TO HAVE
A PR STATUS OF ANOTHER COUNTRY.

- If I travel to Canada and get my stamping done and ask them to mail the actual card to a friend of mine in Canada, who can then mail it to me back to the US, what repurcussions will it have when I travelt to Canada again (this time with the actual card and not a visa)?
I DON"T SEE ANY PROBLEMS. MANY HAVE DONE AND MANY MORE ARE DOING.
GO GET IT, YOU WILL BE SAFE.

Hi Raju,

I am interested in Canadian PR. Can you send me the details to my email <greeku_veerudu@hotmail.com>

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

can we work on canadian PR

If we get Canadian PR, can we work for any US employer? Any limitations or catches?

Based on what I know, as long as you have your H1B valid, you can work for the US employer. In order to maintain the Canadian PR, you need to be a resident in Canda for a period of 2 years in a 5 year timeframe.

ashishagl said:
If we get Canadian PR, can we work for any US employer? Any limitations or catches?

As per my knowledge there is a restriction that you can not hold Permenant Residacny status of both the countries US & Canada. This is as per some agreement between US & Canada.

Pls check with professional lawyer before you take any final decision.
Good Luck

Hi Raju125,
I have same case I got Canadian PR in Feb.05 and came back in U.S. without any problem.My LC is also pending since april 2003.I am on H1 here and waiting for LC to clear.You go ahead there is no problem in immigration in both side just do not mention anywhere that you have filed for LC.Make sure you give correct address of canadian friend where you would like your PR to be mailed and Do NOT have your friend mail PR to you in U.S, have some one bring it to you personally.
Good Luck.
raju125 said:
Folks

Here's the situation:

Here are my concerns:

Thank you

Nitu

THANK YOU very much for the response, I really appreciate it. Just out of curiosity, why would it be a problem if they were to mail it to me from Canada?

nitu said:
Hi Raju125,
I have same case I got Canadian PR in Feb.05 and came back in U.S. without any problem.My LC is also pending since april 2003.I am on H1 here and waiting for LC to clear.You go ahead there is no problem in immigration in both side just do not mention anywhere that you have filed for LC.Make sure you give correct address of canadian friend where you would like your PR to be mailed and Do NOT have your friend mail PR to you in U.S, have some one bring it to you personally.
Good Luck.

Raju125,
If you misplace it what will happen,then you have to go through lot of legal formalities again and all fees.This is a legal document you do not want to give postal services a chance asking why canadia PR card is deliverd to U.S. address and where is PR card holder residing now.Do not give them chance to cross question you.Just have some one bring it to you later and put in your pocket quitely.

Nitu

That makes perfect sense. Thank you very much for your input and feedback.

Raju125

nitu said:
Raju125,
If you misplace it what will happen,then you have to go through lot of legal formalities again and all fees.This is a legal document you do not want to give postal services a chance asking why canadia PR card is deliverd to U.S. address and where is PR card holder residing now.Do not give them chance to cross question you.Just have some one bring it to you later and put in your pocket quitely.