"Labeled a criminal" asylum recommended for approval Help me out!!

Hi everyone I just came across this forum today and I find it very helpful..
I am not very familiar with all the terms but I'll do my best and hopefully someone can shed some light....on my case...

Here is my story:eek::

My Parents, sister and I filed the form for Asylum back in early 2002
my beautiful mother who is the principal received a letter from asylum office stating that our aplication was recommended for approval..(but not yet approved 'till today)
meanwhile I could not behave as I should have (I was 18 and wild), in 06-21-2003 I got a DUI:eek: when I was 18 got provation for 3 years. before the provation was finished I got pulled over while my license was suspended, so I stupidly lied about my name to the cop :eek:(2005), Finally they found out my real name and charged me with giving "False identification to a peace officer" and got provation for two years. so now I have two misderminors convictions.and I finished provation succesfully:(
After the fingerprints came out I got a letter from USCIS requesting the final court dispositions for my two criminal cases on "10-15-2007" I sent the additional evidence they had requested.
What worries me the most is that my entire family case has been put on hold because of me..
the question is as follows:
Based on someone's direct or indirect experience what would be the most likely outcome for such case as mine?
Would I be denied asylum even though it was recommended for approval?
Would my whole family be denied because of my teenager stupidity?
Does the fact that I have two misderminors qualifies me for deportation?:confused:

please it's been alot of time I need to hear somebody who has been through something similar...
BTW: I already hired a good and expensive lawyer to assist me with this hard time that I have given to myself and my innocent family.:(

Having two convictions =Deportation. Good luck

Your behavier should not effect your family's case . I don't think there are any law or regulation to hold them back because of it. They should fight for their case if delay is because of it.

wow... people in this forum need to chill!! so much hatred, so much negativity! alien, i don't think ur convictions will have too much of a detrimental effect on ur case let alone on ur family's. they might just slow down the process.

i am very curious to know what happened to ur case tho! please update us. i hope u have some good news for the forum!