L1B

johnireland

Hi guys just looking for some knowledge or experience if any ☺️

I am an Irish citizen and i work for an American/Irish owned company with branches in Ireland and several in the US .

My employer is planning on filing all my documents for a L1B visa for specialized knowledge employee ..

I was in Canada last year on a work visa and unfortunately I got into my car the morning after a night out socializing and I got pulled over by the cops , they smelled alcohol and long story short I got done for DUI (just bearly over the legal limit) . I got a years suspension and 1000$ fine . So I left Canada and came back to my old job ( the USA/Ireland owned company)

Now I want to go to USA on L1B visa.

I have no other criminal record never was in trouble before in my home country (ireland) .

I hear if I apply for L1B visa and i declare a DUI , they will organise a medical exam to see if I’m alcohol dependent and a danger to USA citizens.. I can assure you I am not , I am a 26 year old fitness freak who has took part in bodybuilding competition, just to put that out there that it was clearly a bad mistake after a RARE night out socializing.

So basically guys my question is .
Will my DUI cause me a problem getting a L1B visa approved ...

My employers and co worker will also provide good character references !

Thanks guys any info appreciated