L1B Status going to expire in Jan-2016

vemathew

I came to US in L1B through my company on 3 year stamped visa which is expired already, since my I-94 is valid till Jan-2016 from my last entry in US last year
I didn't applied for my L1-extension thinking that will apply my H1 in 2014 and then will go for stamping for the same.

But this years lottery my petition was not selected, so i have only one chance to apply next year H1 process before my I-94 expires. Also my wife's H1 petition was not selected in lottery.

I already have my I-140 approved in GC but since L1-B cannot be extended after 5th year i need to get my H1B for my automatic extension.

I checked about L1A option with my assigned attorney, since i was not manager in India and didn't had any reportee under me and US as well i dont have any reportee so I don't qualify for L1A category.

- I would like to know in worst case if i don't get through lottery of H1B next year as well, what other possible options i can explore to stay back ?

- since my 140 is approved , incase if i have to go back to India for 1 year ,apply again L1 again and come back what would be status of my current GC process still that would be valid and in progress?

- Also while I am in India if my priority date becomes current , would i be eligible to progress to next stage being in India with same employer?

Thanks