L1B expiredon March 20th 2013. Applied for L1A. Got RFE. Best option?

NICEL

Hi,
This is regarding my new L1A visa conversion. Currently am at USA on L1B, which got expired on March-20th (my current I-94 also expired on the same day). March 1st week itself my new L1A visa (conversion) has been filed in, along with that my dependent’s (My wife & Daughter’s) L2B visa extension also filed in. I was keeping on track of my L1A visa filed status in USCIS website for status. It was on ‘Initial review’ status till last day. But today I can see that the status for my case got changed to ‘Request for Evidence’ and for my wife’s and my daughter’s status still in ‘Initial Review’.

I think it’s too early to ask what should be the better option to get out successfully out of this RFE. It all depends upon the query that USCIS has been raised. But what do you think what should be the better option for me? Is it better to leave behind the L1A-RFE and process a new L1B from outside of US (say Canada) and try my luck OR try my luck by replying to L1A-RFE. I heard that L1B-RFE having a very high probability of getting rejected after replying. But I haven’t heard anything related to L1A-RFE.

Please advise what should be my next step?.

Regds,
Nicel.

L1B to L1A conversion and EAD

Hi,

My husband had applied for L1B to L1A conversion on jan 2013. We got RFE and we are yet to submit the additional docs. Can I apply for EAD along with the RFE docs? If so what is the procedure. Please let me know.

Hi , I think L1A RFE has better chances but it would be good for others to share there opinion too.
Can the person who raised the question please answer what happended to your case so that its helpful for all others...

Hi,
This is regarding my new L1A visa conversion. Currently am at USA on L1B, which got expired on March-20th (my current I-94 also expired on the same day). March 1st week itself my new L1A visa (conversion) has been filed in, along with that my dependent’s (My wife & Daughter’s) L2B visa extension also filed in. I was keeping on track of my L1A visa filed status in USCIS website for status. It was on ‘Initial review’ status till last day. But today I can see that the status for my case got changed to ‘Request for Evidence’ and for my wife’s and my daughter’s status still in ‘Initial Review’.

I think it’s too early to ask what should be the better option to get out successfully out of this RFE. It all depends upon the query that USCIS has been raised. But what do you think what should be the better option for me? Is it better to leave behind the L1A-RFE and process a new L1B from outside of US (say Canada) and try my luck OR try my luck by replying to L1A-RFE. I heard that L1B-RFE having a very high probability of getting rejected after replying. But I haven’t heard anything related to L1A-RFE.

Please advise what should be my next step?.

Regds,
Nicel.