L1a, RFE and 60 days passed

darabb

I had a similar situation like someone else here. I received RFE for my L1a extension asking me all sort of questions that have nothing to do with my case. Obviouslly someone else's petition. Now my 60 days of waiting is gone and no answer. I just wonder if someone has any expirience to indincate that this may mean good or bad news.

Also, if they refuse extension, can I appeal on the grounds that they obviouslly didn't read my petition as the questions were not applicable to my case at all.

Thank you in advance.

Hi

I would call the 1-800 number and say you are past your priorty date by 60 days and explain

# you think there is a problem #

Tell the clerk that answers you that and say I am so worried I need to speak to an immigration offier. You will have to wait in another queue but when you get through ask if he/she can see a case status enquiry about your case

You should hear something within 30 days. If this does not work get onto your congressman

Regards Sue
www.expatsvoice.org

Thank you for that. In the mean time I noticed date change yesterday which was actually a Sunday date???? And the note to say " although there may be a date change it doesn't mean that we completed your case but it is in internal operation" Or something like that. So obviouslly someone noticed (I did call but got nowhere) that I called and that the date has passed and just changed the date.

Hopefully now they will look at it. I am really living on nerves right now and my kd is asking why are we all packed etc etc... Terrible...And there is nothig special about our case.

If I don't receive anything today after that date change I will call again as you suggested.
Thanks.

Just an update in case someone is in the same situation and waiting...Not great, but still hoping. This is what my attorney emailed me this morning when I asked her to call the USCIS and chec on the status.

I have held off contacting the USCIS because I fear that the news is bad, because it is taking them so long to get back to us. It is quick and easy to send an approval notice, but takes longer to cut-and-paste together a decision denying a petition.

You can imagine, I am not feeling good. Especially that RFE was not applicaple to my case at all. I hope she is wrong.