L1 Visa- Indian Firm Partnership while USA firm 100% owned

life2010

Registered Users (C)
Hello Greetings,
I was reading various Case studies on your website and hence decided to get ahead with your company. The reason for my message is to brief you about my case scenario and get some advice from members

Situation:
My Dad is in India who is manages and also is a business partner in 3 Partnership firms. The biggest firm has sales of $5million. He owns 25% of share. Other partners have 30%, 20%,20% and 5% share. The Indian Company is into Marketing, Distribution, Wholesale of consumer goods.

He is planning to setup a business in USA. The intend is to setup a business in USA with immigration intends. The business in USA will be different from Indian Business. Two options under consideration are: Recycling or Restaurant (Investment $45-75k).

Questions:
1> The business in USA- He wants to have 100% Ownership if possible. Is this a red flag? or is it possible? One other reason for this is to make tax , profit sharing, and business management easy by having 100% ownership. The Indian company is OK/agreed with this.

2> Worst case he can have Indian partnership firm have a stake in USA firm but later buy the stocks down the line. Is it possible

3> My dad is active in business. He is age 71. Is that a red flag. He has 30+ yrs of business experience.

4> L-1A or L1-B- Which visa does he qualify for? Whats the difference?

Thanks