L1 Revalidation

chompsa

I am German and have been working on a L1 visa in Connecticut for the past three years and my visa is up for renewal in April. I am not sure how to revalidate this visa. Can I send my passport with the necessary paperwork in here in the US or do I need to go back to Germany and make an appointment with the US embassy there?

I already went to the FAQ page and couldn't find an answer to this.

Thanks!

papers reqired

hi,
U don't need to go out of the country for renewel.basically gather the financials and employee's quaterly report from your compnay and file the same to the consulate..i would recommend a lawyer if u don't have...as i am also on L1 and i have a lawyer also...if u need anymore help let me know.
bye

chompsa

Yes, nehajignesh comments are correct in that you don't have to travel out of US but then remember and take note of the risk it comes with. Colleague of mine did that and his passport was held in the approval loop for 4+ months. So, if you have business meetings or family emergencies it might put you in a limbo.

If you can sell this to your mgmt/HR good for you to travel on company expense and get it done w/o much headache.