L1 -> H1 and H1 transfer

vkd3

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My friend is on L1.

He got a new H1 by change of status through a Company A. It is 2 months since he got the new h1 and he wants to transfer his h1 to Company B. He has not worked for Company A so far.

He is still working for his original company on L1.

Can he get his h1 transferred without paystubs from Company A.

I appreciate your reply.

Thank you.

vkd3 said:
Hi,

My friend is on L1.

He got a new H1 by change of status through a Company A. It is 2 months since he got the new h1 and he wants to transfer his h1 to Company B. He has not worked for Company A so far.

He is still working for his original company on L1.

Can he get his h1 transferred without paystubs from Company A.

I appreciate your reply.

Thank you.
I am having the same question and as of multiple answers for the below posted question:-
Hi,

My Self is on L1.

Got a new H1 by change of status through a Company A. It is 4 months since I got the new h1 and wants to transfer my h1 to Company B. I have not worked for Company A so far.

I am still working for my original company on L1.

Can I get my h1 transferred without paystubs from Company A.

I appreciate your reply. Please send reply to nirmalkar1@yahoo.com or if any one is ready to take this case then I can direct compnay B to approach them.

My understanding is that :-
I heard that because I am currently doing job and paying tax so my statu is valid. I have paystubs from the current company and those can be produced for valid status as your doing job (as the I - 94 is valid). This is purely my assumption and I want some to correct me. But heard from company that they can transfer the same.

Thank you.

Hi PrakashGVS,

I am on the same boat as your. Did u get any reply from any Attorney regarding your case.

I recently came to know that if you have got I-94 along with your H1 approval then your status has been changed by that time and you are no longer allowed to work on L1. And even if you continue and cross 6 months, you will barred for 3 yrs. Pls consult this with your attorney asap and pls reply back to this post. I was totally taken back by the response from my lawyer but I do want to have second opinion.

Thanks.