KiranHegde2 - Birth Cert. related question, please answer.

abhi7

Registered Users (C)
Hi Kiran,

I am planning on sending my birth certificate which says that the birth was registered recently. You said then INS asks for RFE in this case . I wanted to find out what secondary evidence I could provide when I send my I-485 package to avoid that RFE. I have couple of affidavits from my relatives in US, would that work. Any other piece of paper which could say that the birth date is legit.

Thanks for taking the time.

abhi

No Title

I heard someone posting about using highschool cumulative record as an auxiliary proof (which he said has birth date, father\'s name etc., mentioned on it). I do not know whether that is okay with INS. If you submit the recently registered birth record as well as 2 affidavits from people, it should be fine in my opinion. If your birth date is before 1970, INS knows there was no proper birth recording system in India in those days. So they will not create much hassle for you.

No Title

BIRTH CERTIFICATE?
According to my attorney this is the merit list he recomend and acceptable by INS. INS requies 2 notarized affidavites as:

1st affidavite from the parents. if not
2nd Brothers or sisters (including halfs) 7 year older than you or
3rd Uncle or aunt (real or any stating relationship with your parents) 15 years older than you. or

combination of above three.

It may help you and others in same boat.