K3 Visa

soniamalhan

Can someplease explain the K3 process.. I am reading different information on the web site.. First I file for the I-130 and then I file for the I-129f???? I plan to go to India and get married>>> Can I file for my spouse's petition there or do I have to file it in the US?? I am a US citizen..

Thanks for any information..

K3 facts

I also filed K3 and am awaiting adjudication @ embassy in mumbai. if you and spouse are both hindu with same cultural backrounds you shouldnt have any problems. however if you arent expect delays. if you get married in india, you can file DCF in New Delhi. you have to be there to apply the 1-130 directly, and they will adjudicate the application there. it should only take around 3 months and you will skip the entire USCIS backlog altogether. but if you get married, come back to usa, file, yes you send the 130 to the service center for the state in which you reside then the 129F to chicago service center. they review, get clearance, goes to nvc and then it gets cabled over to foreign embassy. i waited 6 months for an interview after our file it india. now 3 months after interview we're still waiting clearance from another embassy. its a pretty bad joke. please note you can country shop for a kinder/friendler issuing post by simply getting married in another country.

for juliekumar

Hi juliekumar:

sorry to hear that you have a hrad time with your husband's K-3 case at mumbai.

Did you hire a attorney in US to do all paperwork? or you did it yourself?

I just got married in india nad back to US and ready to start K-3 process. Also, I heard that once 129F approved and cabled to mumbai, it will take max. 2 months to get interview. Can you tell me, why it too long for your husband case to get interviewed?

thanks

well im not sure

i seriously doubt you will get interview within 2 months. if you do a google search on any immigration forum (britishexpats, ilw, global7) you will note the consistent manner in which mumbai carries out day to day operations, none of which are good. the only hope you have is if your wife is also hindu with same cultural backround, then you will probably not have a hard time. i think possibly 4 months might be the soonest time you will get an appt after file is cabled over, but best of luck to you