k1 visa

monika123

hi everybody

This is monika. I met my life partner through net we chatted for about 3-4 months and then on 31st December 2004 he landed in India (Bombay). As I am stayining in Ahmedabad so we met here and saw face to face and liked each other. He is a US citizen so then he went back to US and on 4th Feb 2005 he has sent the papers of K1 fiancee visa to the texas INS. But till date he has not got any approval notice from them though the packet has reached to Ins on 7th of Feb. Can anybody tell me how much time it takes for the INS to accept the documents and grant us the case no. so then we can track our case using the assigned case no.

Monika,

I just arrived in the USA after a K-1 visa. My fiance and I waited 7 months total for everything to be put through.

We applied September 1st. September 23rd we heard that they recieved our application and would process it and we got our case number. December 28th we were approved through the first step. After this step, it was sent from homeland security to someone else (I forget who) and then onto the consulate in MOntreal. From there on in, Montreal was in charge of the application. They mailed me info that Ihad to do before it as all done. Forms to be filled, medical to be done, police check, photographs, birth certificate and so on so forth. Interview was set for March 16th. It was not much of an interview. I was approved and left with my visa in hand. April 25th I crossed the border. The entire process takes about 6-7 months. The intial first step takes the longest. After that, it is clear sailing. Time flies, trust me.