k-1 visa with an i-601 waiver

faith72

Hi, I have a quick question for anyone out here that has any info they can share with me.

My fiance and I are in the process of getting a K-1 visa for him. We were approved in nebraska in June and we were sent on to the copenhagen embassy. He had his interview in August and they told us he needed the i-601 waiver in order to get the visa. So we gathered all the evidence, submitted it, and the embassy finally gave it to DHS in copenhagen embassy in November.

I called 2 weeks ago and they told me they had the case and that they were "waiting on more information". I faxed them a request the other day, as my oldest son is now in therapy because of these delays and such, and they called me today at work. They told me that they are waiting on the A-file for my fiance and that normally takes a couple of weeks. I'm assuming this is the info they were waiting on 2 weeks ago. She said once they had that they would finish adjudicating the case and we'd hear from them at that time. She was very upbeat and extremely nice and said she knew this was hard on us all, and that she was working as fast as they could to get my fiance home to us.

My question is: what exactly is an Afile and where is it being sent from to the embassy?? How long does this normally take? Anyone have a clue?
Thanks!