Just spoke to IIO

shuvo

Registered Users (C)
After 30 minutes of trying finally got through. She was very polite and told me that my case has been assigned to an officer end of April, but because they get dumped with over a 100 cases together it takes them anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks to go through them. My R/D is 7/11 and F/P 12/26. So looks like I should have it latest by mid-June!!! Tell you what, I recommend this strongly. Go talk to an IIO, guys, it\'s very reassuring (her tone was very calming and soothing). I know it\'s hard to get thru, but go ahead and do it. I\'m breathing much easier!

On the other hand, 30 working days for a 100 cases. That\'s about 3 a day!!! Some effeciency! Does it take a good 2 hours (assuming these guys work just 6 hour days) to go through a case?? I mean how much is the paperwork, really!

Yennyway, will keep you guys posted. Meanwhile, hang tight!

and it takes the rest 1 hr 50 min to chat with colleauges...

We all should be aware of this in-efficiency. Takes a lot of time to turn a ship around

You may be approved tomorrow also

It all depends on where is your file on that bunch. If it is on the top you may be approved today or tomorrow itself !

No Title

I do mean to start off a word war here , but have you guys a given a thought to the amount of time it took you to fill out all the paper work for I485. Based on that , i would assume that 2 hours per case is a good time as the officer also has to see your past immigration record.
Just my 2cents.

I agree

with gcinproc, think hard guys before criticizing others. It took quite a while to fillup the paper work and if we say it takes only 5 mts to approve a case, I think its insane. Also assuming they approve cases in 5mts just like they did for Atta and others we turn around and still criticize them. These guys really work their butt out and guess what they paid shit. We all know how federal employees get paid, so please lets not criticize them and honestly I\'m in the same boat as you all are - waiting.

Good luck Gentlemen

Thanks
Krishnan