Just spoke to IIO 10/8 3:46 EST

RD_Sep27

Registered Users (C)
Had never called an IIO till now and was patiently waiting for more than 1 year of RD (9/27). But now I guess am loosing the patience. After seeing so many approvals of Oct since yesterday (after the Audit), I decided to call up and speak to an IIO.

First tried calling at around 2:30pm but couldn't get through for 5 minutes. Then tried calling again at around 3:25pm. Finally got through and pressed 0 to talk to IIO. It said the wait would be more than 10 min. but I continued holding from 3:32pm to 3:44pm.

The IIO said my case is "under review". She didn't wanna guess at first how long it would take. Then when I asked her my EAD is expiring in end of Dec, she said "I would wait for another couple of weeks and call back if nothign happened". Same for my wife's case too. She said both files are with the same IIO. I asked her if there's any RFE or something, she said "No".

Not a whole lot helpful but I tho't of still posting it.

Thats looks good...

RFE drags your case a little bit more.

Good luck! You will be approved soon.

Luv

-Roma

same for me too

I did the same thing on 10/07/2002. I called arround 3:50 PM

I never called them before. I also ran out of patience like RD_Sep27 after seeing lot of oct approvals. The IIO said you may hear from us with in a month. Mine and my wife's case assinged to the same officer.

After I have filed my 485, I have changed my residence and sent a AR-11 form. So yesterday only I have verified my address change. So byte the bullet for another month.

----------------
RD - 09/04/01
ND - 10/06/01
FP - 12/28/01
EAC-02-031-XXXXX

In the same boat

I have spoken to IIO about 3 times first in Aug 29 then on Sep 25th and gain Oct 5.

Everytime they told me that my case is under review and expect a reply within 2-4 weeks. I think these CSRs have very limited information themselves. And further probing doesn't really yield any information.

In the end I would say that patience is the name of the game. I am now in a situation where I hope my Approval does not come before my Advance Parole renewal.

Best wishes for early approval to all.

Tanatan:)
RD: 9/15
ND: 11/10