just married to a green-card holder while having a "Withholding of Removal Status"

JuliaA

Hey. I've been reading Forums for hours, but couldn't find an answer to my question. I'm in the country 7 years already, have been fighting for a long time for a political asylum, was denied, but I was granted Withholding of Removal status by the judge back in 2005. Now I married a green-card holder in Decenber 2009. He is about to apply for his citizenship in March. What is the procedure for me? Do I need to fill out any papers separately now? Or he just puts me as his wife in the paperwork and then we wait for the interview?Or do I wait till he gets his citizenship first and then do smth? Thanks in advance.

You will have to wait till he gets his citizenship and then you will be able to file for your GC

I dont think OP has to wait for spouse to get citizenship to be able to file. OP can just have her husband to add her as his wife in the paperwork.
Same scenario happened to a friend of mine who was a gc card holder and got married (wife had f1 status at the time).
When he file 4 citizenship he added his wife to citizenship paperwork, they were called 4 an interview and wife received 10 year gc.

I dont think OP has to wait for spouse to get citizenship to be able to file. OP can just have her husband to add her as his wife in the paperwork.
Same scenario happened to a friend of mine who was a gc card holder and got married (wife had f1 status at the time).
When he file 4 citizenship he added his wife to citizenship paperwork, they were called 4 an interview and wife received 10 year gc.

Soul,

You are confused. N400 is different from I-485 process, N400 won't confer a greencard on any person. Also, a 10 year GC is only applicable to people married longer than 2 years, which in this OP's case it is not.

The OP need to wait till spouse is a citizen, file for the GC and hope to approval with evidence.

WRONG.

US citizen since oct 30,2009