"On June 16, 2004, we transferred your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN
WORKER to an office in WASHINGTON, DC for processing. Our office in
WASHINGTON, DC will send you a written decision as soon as processing is
complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has
been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer
Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local
office processing times."

Last edited by a moderator:
If you know any thing please post details..

I heard of transfer in case of 485 applications ,but this is the first time I heard of I140 transfer.

And I don't see I140 processing times at local district office.

Are there any body in the same boat..

They must have approved your I-140 and then transfer it to local office along with I-485 for concurrent approval. Have you have your FP done yet?

Today I got this email

I don't know what is happening..

"On June 16, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register
Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in WASHINGTON, DC for
them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take
several months. Our office in WASHINGTON, DC will notify you when they
schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need
further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at
(800) 375-5283."

It is very unusual - 140 being transferred! Perhaps LC_Virginia is pointing in a sensible direction. Keep us posted.

LC_Virginia seems correct. DC seems to be your local office. In my last post I thought that they are centralizing all FO cases in one place - no they seem to send it to local office. You will get FP done there - I remember someone's case being transferred in CT - but yet to be approved.

would not be surprised if they either issue a FP before scheduling interview or may be they would take your FP there itself.

I think u should see a positive side in this.

good luck

jharkhandi,

No idea dude, it still shows 05/25/2004 as LUD, called there national service center and lady said that no one is working on ur case.

Attorny says that he doesn't want to do Status enquiry as they may try to move my fie from one place to other and it may get lost.

he says that these days they are doing background check for I-140 applications(never heard before, have you?) so thats why they are taking so long, I questioned him that why didn't they do it for others and he had no answer. I have no clue what USCIS wants to do with my case.

AS i posted early also that mine is a Labor subs case and original guy had 4 yrs degree and mine is 3 yrs and computer diplomas, thouf education evalution says US eaqlv to 4 yrs, it is still a messed up case, I wanted them to do whatever they want ot with my case so that i can start over if i have to, but looks like my luck is again going to ditch me.

but thx for asking man.

We got an Approval Letter in mail

Thank you all

ND: 10/16/2004
EB3, Concurrent, No RFE, No FP

Company with almost zero profits, with just 25 employees.

140 : Approved
AP: 06/17/2004
485 : Transferred to Local office(Washington DC)

Strange but Congrats. There is similar case where I485 got trasferred to local office (Hartford i think) with no FP done with I140 Approved. please do post your experience here regarding I485

Congrats. Keep posted about your 485 too. Will concurrent filers follow this path - interesting to speculate.

congrats. go thr' the post what hmd is referring to. I think he has posted questions local office asked him and and his wife. in the interview.

Good luck