Just got EB-1A approved. How long I-485 will take?

bobdog

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I just got my EB-1A approved at NSC and I am new to any I-485 issue. Looking for helps to get ideas on what I should expect and what I should prepare.

I filed I-140 and I-485 concurrently to VSC on 09/30/2005 to avoid the retrogression. Fingerprint was done in early 2006. My I-485 case was transferred to NSC on 05/02/2006. Based on the processing date at NSC, they are working on I-485 cases filed before 4/11/2006. Will my case be looked at since it was originally filed in 2005, or it won't be looked at until the processing date passing 05/02/2006?

Also, where should I check the progress on name check? What is the time range I should look into before I get any response from NSC? Thanks a lot for the help.

I-485

Probably if you are not stuck on Name Check, and all that security stuff, you will hear from them really soon, i recomend you that you register at www.trackitt.com and you can follow many cases like yours there, so you can make your math on it. They are even approving cases from september, august, july, in their bouletin they post aproximated exactly what they have completed. But they are ahead so, lets pray for been approved soon. YOu, I, and all other.

Hi Miamivice4u,

Thanks. Is there a way to check the progress of name check? Will NSC sent a notice if I am stuck on the security staff?

I-485

If you dont hear from them withing a month or so then you are stuck on that security checks, the only way to know it is to do infopass and find out, or thrue your congress man.

You should use your PD (09/30/2005), not the transfer date. There was some confusion over this, but I believe a recent USCIS memo has clarified this issue. Since you've already passed the official processing date, you're allowed to initiate some inquiries with USCIS. If you're stuck in name check, they'll tell you sometimes. Or, you can go to InfoPass or your congressman, which should give you better chances. You should get approval soon I guess, if you're not stuck. Otherwise, be prepared to wait for a few more years...