Just finished my Interview - Employment Based.

hoochie

Registered Users (C)
I just compelted my interview. Mine in Employment based (Future Employment).
My wife and me were called in around 8:30. The immigration officer was very friendly.
We took the oath.
Questions he asked :

1. Who do you work for currently
2. Who is the petitioner
3. Nature of my job
4. asked about my entry into US - I replied H1b.

Documents he requested.

5. Asked for 2006 Income tax returns and W2.
6. Asked for Sons Birth Certificate (US Citizen).
7. Asked wife about marriage date, birth date, Entry into US.

I noticed there was some discripency in the I485 receipt date on file. I Mentioned it to him and showed him the receipt. He immediately corrected it and noted it there.
Also, He asked if we went to fingerprints last month - we said no. His file showed we had done finger prints last month. So he asked a couple of times again, apologized and then corrected his file. Also mentioned name check and fingerprint looks good and are complete.
Then, he said he wants to approve our petition but the Visa numbers for EB3 are not availble and said once the dates become current, card production will be ordered.

Asked us if we have any furher questions. We said no - so he said good luck and sent us on our way.

The whole thing took about 25 minutes for me and my wife. The officer was really friendly and made us very comfortable.

Lessons Learnt - It really helps to be loose - Dont get too worked up. Tell the truth and everything should be fine. Hope this helps others waiting for interview as well.

Thanks, Hoochie.

I just compelted my interview. Mine in Employment based (Future Employment).
My wife and me were called in around 8:30. The immigration officer was very friendly.
We took the oath.
Questions he asked :

1. Who do you work for currently
2. Who is the petitioner
3. Nature of my job
4. asked about my entry into US - I replied H1b.

Documents he requested.

5. Asked for 2006 Income tax returns and W2.
6. Asked for Sons Birth Certificate (US Citizen).
7. Asked wife about marriage date, birth date, Entry into US.

I noticed there was some discripency in the I485 receipt date on file. I Mentioned it to him and showed him the receipt. He immediately corrected it and noted it there.
Also, He asked if we went to fingerprints last month - we said no. His file showed we had done finger prints last month. So he asked a couple of times again, apologized and then corrected his file. Also mentioned name check and fingerprint looks good and are complete.
Then, he said he wants to approve our petition but the Visa numbers for EB3 are not availble and said once the dates become current, card production will be ordered.

Asked us if we have any furher questions. We said no - so he said good luck and sent us on our way.

The whole thing took about 25 minutes for me and my wife. The officer was really friendly and made us very comfortable.

Lessons Learnt - It really helps to be loose - Dont get too worked up. Tell the truth and everything should be fine. Hope this helps others waiting for interview as well.

Thanks, Hoochie.

Good Luch Hoochie,

Which office you went and what is youPD

Do people have to go for interviews to get GC ? I thought it was directly mailed to beneficiary !!

They have to if their green card is not sponsored by their current employer. The green card is normally for future employment but most of the time people already work for the sponsoring employer and therefore there is no need for an interview.

Thank you, hoochie.

Could you please share when your I-485 was transfered and how long did it take to get the appointment after that?

I hope your PD become current soon.

Good luck !