Just filed 485, but laid off, need help!!

j2000ja

Registered Users (C)
Hi, all, I just filed 485 in VSC and was laid off. The company will cancel my H-1 in November. Not sure whether they will revoke I140. I feel better not to ask them to remind them on I485. My LC and I140 were filed in CSC, can my I485 be filed in VSC? Please advise what kind of options I may have. Do I have to start all over again? THANKS!!!!

Looks like it!

When exactly did you file your I-485? You may have to wait till your EAD comes in. In the mean time, find yourself a new job - and use your EAD to start working. Also, if your old employer doesn\'t withdraw your I-485 filing, then you\'ll need to get yourself a new I-140 - and then you can use that to get your adjustment done when you come up for it. However, if your old employer withdraws your I-485 filing, then you\'re going to need to get a new I-140 and a new I-485. However, you have at least 8-9 months on your EAD before you come up for adjustment.

Need not be that panic if you are not applied in CSC

Once you get EAD you can work for any one and since you are filed AOS ,you are in status. In post AC21 scenerio your company can not withdraw the underlying 140(Even before the company can not withdraw 485 but can do 140)

If INS adjudicates(approves / rejects) your case within 180 days of RD then you have start over. If it takes more than that time a mere job letter form any employer will suffice and no need to redo any thing. But CSC takes a different view reg AC21. It does not interpret the law that you can not switch the jobs within 180 days of RD.

Consult an Attorney

I called lawyer today

They will file my case to CSC today. Who knows when they will file it. I do not know whether I can wait for EAD. I will find a job and apply for H-1. Thanks for your advise.

No Title

I did my labor/140 in colorado..(nebraska centre)
and 485 in Vermont..
485 is always geographical... does not matter where you
do your previous stages..