Just called IIO

skn2k

Registered Users (C)
I just called IIO on 09-09-2001 (2 PM EST)

I485 RD: Sep 7th,2001

I called to find out if i need to renew my EAD.
The response was good.

The lady explained that they are working on cases filed till September 1st, 2001 ( as usual)

But asked my Receipt number(EAC-02-033-5xxxx)
She said that "Request for more information" was issued in the system on my case. And it takes 2-3 weeks to get it printed and mailed to my attorney.

Please tell me if any one had the same experience.

What does "Request for more information" mean. RFE for paystubs?Medical?

Please share yor experience

Thanks

RD: 09-07-2001
EAC-02-033-5xxxx

Yes, INS usually asks for
(1) recent paystubs,
(2) employment letter,
(3) picture (if your picture was not in accordance with standard).
(4) medicals (if you or your spouse did not finish medicals when I485 was filed)
(5) Birth or marriage certificate (if they are not satisfied or there are some data incosistency)

Do not worry. Once you respnse their requests, you will get approved with 2 weeks.

good luck.

Thanks

My case is a bit complicated ...

My GC process started with company A. After filing 1485 and past 7 months , Company A filed chapter 11 and while in Chapter 11, Company "A" was acquired by European company "B" and recently company "A" filed Chapter 7 (Shutdown) successfully.

I had my EAD before COMPANY "A" filed for chapter 11 and 7.

MY HR said, a notice was in public access file which says that COMPANY B is in "Successor -of-interest" of Company "A", and that all the employee assets, Immigration issues are taken over by Company B.

So, Please suggest me if this could pose any problem in my 485

Either way, i crossed 180 days..

Thanks

You should be fine..

skn2k,

I too have the same dates as you have. I485 RD: Sep 7th,2001
and my EAC # too matches your mentioned #'s.

I haven't called IIO anytime.......Wonder if I should :confused:

Did the IIO mention as to when the RFE was issued ? Have you checked with your attorney if they have received anything?

Pl. let us know..

Appreciate it..

NO. They didnt mention when RFE was issued

She said that RFE has to be printed and sent to my Attorney which may take 2-3 weeks.

I called my attorney, and they didnt receive any RFE notice yet.

Thanks
RD: 09-07-2001
EAC-02-033-5xxxx

Is your AVM message changed?

Did you call the AVM and checked for your receipt number? Could you please check and post whether the message has changed saying an RFE is issued on your case?

Thanks,