Just called IIO

WaitingForever

Registered Users (C)
I called an IIO officer yesterday. They said my case was picked up on July 6.
My wife called today and they promptly asked her if she had called yesterday. Courteous both times and asked us to hang in there !!
She said it was still under review ...... I am really scared of getting an RFE and worse intent to deny because my company official
name changed from - XXX Inc., to
YYY Inc. formerly XXX Inc.

PD 2/96, ND 5/11/99, FP 4/4/00 ..... waiting

No Title

Why are you so scared? Is the reason of the name change due to merger or acquisition? If that is the case, I heard that you don\'t need to wory about anything as long as you are still with your original company and your job nature hasn\'t been changed. Is this true? can someone please verify....

No Title

The reason for name change is an acquisition. But in my case, the original does show up on the new name. Like I said, the new name is "YYY formerly XXX Inc." Also, the Federal ID number of the company has not changed. I am however doing the exact same job at the exact same place.

Someone had posted that if your company name changes, you have to apply for I140 again. That really scares me. What happens if an intent to deny is sent and my H1 has expired. Would I have to go back home ??

No Title

I do not think it is country specific. I have some Chinese friends who are moving as slow (or fast now) as I am.