just a quick question about removing my conditions (i-751)

JenJenWv

Registered Users (C)
My conditional green card expires June, 2006. My wife and I looked on the USCIS website and saw that we needed to apply to remove the conditions 90 days prior to my green card expiring. I just have one question. It seems that once we have filed the paperwork it can take serveral months for the immigration office to process the paperwork and to send me my new greencard. However, while we are waiting for them to process the paperwork do I need to apply for a work permit so that I can keep on working, or do they just basically extend my greencard?

I guess my question is basically this. Once we have filed the paperwork, do I need to do anything else so that I can keep on working while the paperwork is being processed.

Thanks, Paul

JenJenWv said:
My conditional green card expires June, 2006. My wife and I looked on the USCIS website and saw that we needed to apply to remove the conditions 90 days prior to my green card expiring. I just have one question. It seems that once we have filed the paperwork it can take serveral months for the immigration office to process the paperwork and to send me my new greencard. However, while we are waiting for them to process the paperwork do I need to apply for a work permit so that I can keep on working, or do they just basically extend my greencard?

I guess my question is basically this. Once we have filed the paperwork, do I need to do anything else so that I can keep on working while the paperwork is being processed.

Thanks, Paul

If there is no decision on your I-751 90 days after you filed it, you can get an
INFOPASS appt, go to your DO and get your GC extended for one more year.

look here... http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/remcond.htm#permit

no u dont need to apply for anything once u send in the forms 176, ur card is still valid for another year untill they sent u a notice or feather action.

The receipt notice itself provides for an automatic 12 months extension. You may even travel only showing your old expired green card, passport and receipt notice. You "could" also go and get an I-551 stamp for temporary evidence of permanent residence until your case is decided.
But the answer to your question is NO. As a permanent resident you don't need a work permit or anything like that. That was left in the past.