June 01 Case Approved

MYX

Registered Users (C)
Received approval notice yesterday, got passport stamped today,
website was also updated for the status change, did not check AVM; wife's case still pending.

It came kind of as a surprise since I already lost confidence and did not know what to do but wait. The senator's office did help a lot otherwise I would not have known where the case would be at. They helped me found out that my I-140 file was missing and I had to fax them the I-140 receipt to prove it had been approved; (I spoke to IIO several times nobody indicated anything about that). Had two EADs and the 3rd renewal has already been submiited (the stamping officer said they probably would not refund me the $120), did two FPs, the 1st one being invalid but INS would not let me redo until the case was processed dispite I and the lawyer wrote them letters asking for rescheduling the 2nd FP. The ordeal is now over, feeling a little bit relieved (still can't say totally relieved since there are more things to be done).

Senator Pat Roberts' office was a big help; I contacted the other Senator's office before this but they did not help much (some how got the same feeling as talking to INS when talked to them). Vote for Senator Roberts, he is the true representative for us.

Here are the case details, I will update Rupnet later.

PD 2/10/00
RD 6/7/01
ND 7/25/01
1st FP 11/19/01
2nd FP 12/26/02
RFE 5/29/03
AP 7/25/03

Good luck to you all! Hope my case would cheer you up a bit.

congratulations!

what was the finger print issue about? did you do the 2nd fp or
was there a problem without the formal letter from the INS?

To MYX

Congratulations!!!

I had the same receipt date with you and I contacted with a senator in Indiana state as well, got the same feeling as you had. Their responses were like IIO, helpless and useless. I am encouraged by you to look for another senator. I don't know if you tell the second one that you had contacted with other senators before? Thank you so much for your time and enjoy your freedom!

0607guys,

I think if everything is similar then your case is not far from the light. I did not tell the second senator about the first contact, not needed. Good luck!

To MYX

Thank you so much for your reply! Your approval encouraged me to make more efforts to push my case forward. Please post latest news when your wife's approved.

Cheer together!