Jump in 485 ND??

sedcat66

Registered Users (C)
As of May 2000, VSC was processing cases with Dec 98 ND. But in June 2000, the ND movement moved quite rapidly and VSC started processing April 99 cases. Does anyone think the same thing will happen this year and if so when is this "rapid" movement expected to happen?

No Title

If they cross 12/99 cases then there would be a jump from jan 00 to sep 00, after jan 2000 lot of people gone for CP, so load will be less. That is waht I think.

No Title

Also, remember that there was a processing freeze for I-140s at VSC between about mid-December 1999 and mid-April 2000. As no I-140s were approved, much fewer people could file I-485s during that period. This pattern is also obvious from the immitracker graphs.

No Title

Guys you are ignoring one factor. EB3 is moving very fast this year . every month 3-4 months of case load are getting addedd. This is bound to delay unless they have priority for EB2?

No Title

Kalapani, even if EB3 moves at the speed of lightning and becomes current, their NDs will only be April 01 or later, so how will that
affect those people whose ND is Jan-Oct 2000??

No Title

When EB3 PD moves further then INS will go back to Aug 99 cases to process EB3 cases who applied in Aug 99 but not cleared because their PD is not current now. Again next month EB3 PD goes a step ahead then INS keep clearing that backlog. This will happen for some more months till they process all cases from Aug 99 to Dec 99.
Let us hope things will go fast.

No Title

"Kalapani, even if EB3 moves at the speed of lightning and becomes current, their NDs will only be April 01 or later, so how will that
affect those people whose ND is Jan-Oct 2000?? "

INS would divert the resources from adjudicating cases to accepting cases..... this would bog down all the adjudications....

just my 2c

No Title

sedcat,
Please visit the immitracker.com site. if you see the graphic report 3 or may be 2 all your questions will be answered.

No Title

EB3 who applied between Aug 99 and Mar 00 when PD became current will have PD\'s Aug 98 through March 99 approximately(assuming it took about 1 year in VSC for LC + I140) . As soon as March 99 PD is hit, which will be in 3-4 months time, then the bump will flatten after revisits to these dates. For the next 3-4 months we will see EB3 approvals till March 00, then there will be a rapid jump in approvals somewhere in Aug 01/Sep 01 with I-485 ND\'s jumping to Oct or Dec 2000. This is because most of the post-April 00 NDs have already been FP\'d. Just my evaluation.

aGCSeeker.