July DORA Filers! where are you?

noincident

Registered Users (C)
I filed form 130 , 485 and had my DORA interview on July 24th. right now i'm just waiting for my notices and FP appointment letter. Lets keep this thread moving with our timelines

Sorry for my ignorance, If i may ask, "What's a DORA interview?"

District Office Rapid Adjudication (DORA) is a pilot program open to certain aliens residing in the jurisdiction of the Dallas, El Paso, or Oklahoma City offices seeking to file Form I-485,Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

District Office Rapid Adjudication (DORA) is a pilot program open to certain aliens residing in the jurisdiction of the Dallas, El Paso, or Oklahoma City offices seeking to file Form I-485,Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

So whats the main purpose, just t make their application process, faster than the usual time?

Hi:

Here is my timeline:

DORA interview ie. filed I-130, I-485 and I-765 - 07/19/07
Receipt Date: Awaiting
checks cashed: Awaiting
FP Appointment : Awaiting

regards

Hi:

Here is my timeline:

DORA interview ie. filed I-130, I-485 and I-765 - 07/19/07
checks cashed: 07 Aug, 2007
Receipt Date: Awaiting
FP Appointment : Awaiting

regards

it looks like immigration services is swamped with a lot of JULY applications! 2 weeks after my interview,checks are still not cashed

There is an update to my DORA timeline:

DORA interview @ Dallas ie. filed I-130, I-485 and I-765 - 07/19/07 (day 0)
checks cashed: 07 Aug 2007 (day 19)
Receipt Date: ???? (Maybe USCIS send it to my Lawyer)
FP Appointment notice: 11 Aug 2007 (Day 23)

noincident - I am sure U must be getting your FP notice pretty soon as we both have similar timelines.

FYI....the USCIS service center that mailed FP notice is MSC (Missouri) I suppose. I was under the assumption that all DORA applications were processed by Chicago loc box.

Regards

I am happy to see you have your FP appointment notice. when exactly are you going to have it? I'm still waiting for my receipts

Looks like DORA at Dallas is pretty slow these days. Ironically, posting directly to chicago lockbox seems to yield faster results based on the forum messages.

that's how it's looking right now. the only advantage I see by using DORA is that you have your interview the same day

True. I know that I-130 gets approved without any interview .But is the interview mandatory for the EAD approval also or is it only for the GC?