July 2007 Bulletin...BAD NEWS

JagadeeshP

Registered Users (C)
All EB categories became current. But this is bad news for those who are waiting for 485 approvals. Until now there are not many approvals. USCIS will become still slow from July 1st. Think of how many 485 cases they will be receiving. This is nothing but they are making money from innocent people who are trying to enter legally.

Why do you think USCIS increased fee from July 31st. ;) This is trick to make more money out of us. Before New Visa numbers are available from October, they will backdate (retrogress) everything and start making money out of EAD and AP's. ;)

So who is the ultimate looser...:( :( You All Know..:D

Think about it

Buddy..

I know you have already applied for 485. But think about people who have not yet applied but are in the queue for more than 2 years. We are happy that we are eligible to file 485.

Keep up the good spirit.

I am glad that everyone can file for I-485 and take advantage of interim benefits. I could see so many of my friends have suffered/suffering from this backlog. However, I am sad because they cannot predict better and move the cut-off dates gradually. All I needed was a moment of just couple of weeks (from Jan 1st/8th 2003 - India eb2 - my pd is Jan 24) and waited for more than a year and now everything is current. Well, I should be happy that I filed at last..:).

Not Selfish

JagadeeshP, don't be selfish!!!

Hi Dryheat,

I am not selfish. I made that comment because the loosers are we (including new I-485 files) and winners are DOS and USCIS.

You did not understood my context in my first post. If you read point 'E' on the Visa bulletin, you will not say that I am selfish. My PD is Oct 2000 and what's my position since I am waiting for 7 years. :D :D . I cannot be mad now as I am used to it. :D :D

E. EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

All Employment Preference categories except for Third “Other Workers” have been made “Current” for July. This has been done in an effort to generate increased demand by Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases, and to maximize number use under the annual numerical limit. However, all readers should be alert to the possibility that not all Employment preferences will remain Current for the remainder of the fiscal year. Should the rate of demand for numbers be very heavy in the coming months, it could become necessary to retrogress some cut-off dates for September, most likely for China-mainland born and India, but also possibly for Mexico and Philippines. Severe cut-off date retrogressions are likely to occur early in FY-2008.

Hi Dryheat,

I am not selfish. I made that comment because the loosers are we (including new I-485 files) and winners are DOS and USCIS.

You did not understood my context in my first post. If you read point 'E' on the Visa bulletin, you will not say that I am selfish. My PD is Oct 2000 and what's my position since I am waiting for 7 years. :D :D . I cannot be mad now as I am used to it. :D :D

E. EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

All Employment Preference categories except for Third “Other Workers” have been made “Current” for July. This has been done in an effort to generate increased demand by Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases, and to maximize number use under the annual numerical limit. However, all readers should be alert to the possibility that not all Employment preferences will remain Current for the remainder of the fiscal year. Should the rate of demand for numbers be very heavy in the coming months, it could become necessary to retrogress some cut-off dates for September, most likely for China-mainland born and India, but also possibly for Mexico and Philippines. Severe cut-off date retrogressions are likely to occur early in FY-2008.

I heartfully support you.
Now what is the difference between being waiting since so many years and recently(2006/2007) got LC approvals?.
So, now no PD rules..anybody get their GC.....

Lucky for new comers......

Now what is the difference between being waiting since so many years and recently(2006/2007) got LC approvals?.

Yes guys, I fully understand how you feel. My PD is Aug 2001 and come on, don't you thing we deserve some preferential treatment from those with PDs 2006 or later.

The preference is not yet lost, in my opinion. Once the 485 is filed, wouldn't it be the case that they will be processed based on the PD...the older gets processed quicker. Thats what Visa numbers are all about.

As long as that ammendment is not touched (which I hardly doubt), people like us who have waited for 5/6/7 years would still have the upper hand, to an extent.

Again, just my thoughts...maybe I am relying too much on the justice they do in this regard, but does not hurt to be optimistic.

look at the bright side
those filing new, can file AC21 in 180 days
and change jobs that they are stuck in for 2-5 years

their wives will get EAD, and they can work!
uscis will get 1000$ but they will get 10000, and peace of mind

chill!!

Both the arguments are true, for those who cannot file 485 it is indeed a relief and no doubt this should happen and they should be able to file atleast they can get EAD , but the other side, for people who filed early and waiting for years, watching people just filed getting approvals ahead of them is not a good thing to watch... and there is nothing wrong in being selfish in that area, as that is a genuine thing to expect. Unfortunately that is going to happen since the processing does not seems to be in the order of PD.

And based on the pace at which processing is happening very few percentage of people will get approvals. And for the remaining, who was current and who became current, we all will continue our indefenite journey together....at that point we all will be on same page....

OK, lets analyze this PD thing with a cool head. It is true that for people who could not file for I-485, this is a big releif as they can now file and take benefit of EAD and AP. Especially the spouse can now work. So I am happy for all those folks. Let them be happy with the news. But in the long run, I feel JagadeeshP's point is valid. The PD's will retrogress, (severly as per the visa bulletein by start of fiscal year 2008). All these folks will then be stuck in endless loop of EAD/AP renewal. So what seems like a boon now, may prove a very costly affair in the long run, but then it may seem insignificant now, with the joy of getting the chance to apply I-485.

This statement in the Visa bulletin really sums it up for me:

This has been done in an effort to generate increased demand by Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases,.....

This is seemly a ploy to get more people to apply I-485's and get them in the loop for EAD/AP renewals. There is no way USCIS is going to get enough visa numbers to approve everybody. What will happen is that due to the increased fees, they will get much more money to redo their offices, get new PC's, new water coolers and what not!. I am not sure how much efficient they will become, but they will get the newest tools, with OUR money.

Other Workers

I agree with you guys that USCIS is doing this on purpose of making money. It's all business these days. But how come "Other Workers" is not current? What's gonna happen to it next fiscal year? Anyone have a valuable knowledge on this?

July 2007

It is definitely a good thing that everyone can file for I-485 and EADs. We can get EADs , spouses can work, we can change jobs etc.....

But look at the reality. They waited all year long in order to increase the fees and now all of a sudden they ask everyone to apply. Another reason is they only have 3 months in the fiscal year with thousands of visa numbers wasted last year. If they are really serious about improving the performance, they should have started working on 2000, 2001 and 2002 cases. 14 days have passed in this month and hardly anyone got the I-485 approval. They want to make as much as they can. EADs are renewed every year instead of 3 year extensions on H1s. Imagine how much they make extra. Finally we all can be happy if there is some regularity in approving the cases. After 3 years they will say, ohh by the way we are going to transfer all the cases to CSC from NSC and now to TSC to improve the process. That will take 6 months and more confusion............

ohhh you don't like other people to have an opportunity to get the same benefits as you and in less time? well to bad, so sad! that's life, I've applied for an h1B this year and so did other 125k people, so i went to raffle and didn't make it... so what? that's how life is, be happy for what you have achieved so far, there's people who needed this, will it be slower for folks behind? well.. That's how life is! :mad:

Guys, if this situation is really just a way for USCIS to make more money, why didn't they wait until August to make all current. The new outrageous fees will start July 31. Right now, applicants still have 45 days to apply for I-485, EAC, I-131 paying the old fees. Can anyone explain this?

is 485 processed based on Labor PD or 485 filing date?
I understand that we all should be considerate and happy that everyone is able to file for 485, but come on man, it does hurt at some level that people with PD in 2002/03 got royally screwed with BEC first then retrogression. and i know few people who has PD of jan 2007 (PErm /140 PP) who can file 485 now. the total process may be less than 1.5 yrs for them. It does make you wonder, what did i do wrong? just my luck?
One more thing, few websites have reported that most of the staff at TSC and NSC will be busy entering the data for mountain of applications starting july 1 and this is going to adversely affect the 485 processing time. So bottomline, we again have a long wait ahead for the card.

now all the categories are current now iam planning to apply for 485 in july.my wife is planning to travel india in aug and planning to get h4 stamped .
i have applied for h1 8yr-extension and waiting for approval.is ist safe to travel after applying for 485 or should i wait to get my advance parole approved.
pls advice .Thanks

Here's a question, if one files 485 and EAD, one can be stuck on EAD for some time as it has been suggested, renewing EAD after EAD.
But EAD is work authorization, not an immigration status right?? So what is a persons status working on EAD over a long period of time?? Can one be waiting on adjustment of status for years?? Cannot leave the country without AP right..??

H1-B extension question

Hi,

I have an approved I-140. My visa expired 5.31.2007, but I have already applied for the extension.

Given the above scenario can I file for I-485 ? If I can then, on the I-485 form Part 1 - "Current USCIS Status" what should I fill ?

Thank you !

Guys, if this situation is really just a way for USCIS to make more money, why didn't they wait until August to make all current. The new outrageous fees will start July 31. Right now, applicants still have 45 days to apply for I-485, EAC, I-131 paying the old fees. Can anyone explain this?

Yes, I can explain that:

1) First proof is this statement: "This has been done in an effort to generate increased demand by Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases,.....
Why did they not move dates to say 2005. By making it current they want people to apply I-485.

2) Once you apply, the PD will most probably retrogress back to 2001-2002. So you are left with applying EAd/AP year after year, until your PD becomes current sometimd in 20012-13 !

3) They wanted to encourage as many people to apply, as the ultimate aim seems to be to get you in the EAD/AP renewal mode.

Whatever way I look at it, I cannot beleive that the increase in fees and the PD becoming current are not related to each other.

Last edited by a moderator: