July 2002 case still pending

hadhkardi

Registered Users (C)
:mad: I know this sounds crazy considering there are several people who filed I-485 before July 2002 are still awaiting some response from USCIS, but at the same time several post July 2002 cases have been approved. How is one supposed to keep track of his/her case in the middle of all this confusion? There are horror stories about RFE's that were generated with no change in online message, lost in mail, attorney did not bother to forward it to their client... and so on. This is really frustrating and just wanted to say it out loud. Thanks to this forum and some really experienced members one can at least vent out the frustration.
FP-2 May 27, 2004 (Updated online)

Hadhkardi - I am in same boat as you and share the same pain, my friend... I dont know why NSC is so slow ... VSC has jumped 4 months to April 17 whereas NSC is still trudging at Feb 1, 2004 :mad: :mad: :mad:

Somehow, I dont feel so lucky anymore!! :( :( :confused: :eek:

------
I485 ND - Jul 02 - LIN02239

Last edited by a moderator:
lucky65 said:
Hadhkardi - I am in same boat as you and share the same pain, my friend... I dont know why NSC is so slow ... VSC has jumped 4 months to April 17 whereas NSC is still trudging at Feb 1, 2004 :mad: :mad: :mad:

Somehow, I dont feel so lucky anymore!! :( :( :confused: :eek:

------
I485 ND - Jul 02 - LIN02239

If NSC were trudging at February 1, 2004, I would be very envious of you NCS guys. You would beat VSC by almost two years.

hadhkardi said:
:mad: I know this sounds crazy considering there are several people who filed I-485 before July 2002 are still awaiting some response from USCIS, but at the same time several post July 2002 cases have been approved. How is one supposed to keep track of his/her case in the middle of all this confusion? There are horror stories about RFE's that were generated with no change in online message, lost in mail, attorney did not bother to forward it to their client... and so on. This is really frustrating and just wanted to say it out loud. Thanks to this forum and some really experienced members one can at least vent out the frustration.

hadhkardi,
Same here. replied RFE on June 17 and still pending. Seen more post July 02 approval than pre-July 02. :mad:

July ND

HI there
Also Same here. Just Done 2FP couple of weeks back.

1st FP ND: 09/17/2002
2nd FP ND: 06/29/04
2rd AP: 05/14/04
3rd EAD: 06/10/04

timaeuti said:
If NSC were trudging at February 1, 2004, I would be very envious of you NCS guys. You would beat VSC by almost two years.

SORRY - I meant Feb 1, 2002 and not 2004.

Thanks vcorl and lucky65. I hope NSC will start looking at July 2002 cases soon. I feel happy for the post July 2002 guys who are being approved but at the same time I can not imagine why they would ignore the cases filed July 2002 or before. If these cases are delayed because of a name check or security clearances I think that information should be posted on case status message. It is ridiculous for people to find out about these issues only after a congressman or Senator's office contacts them. That too if you are lucky enough to find a senator or congressman who is willing to help you. Also it is amazing how people have been faxing requests to TSC stating that their FP's are expiring or they need to be have FP's done. At least TSC is responding to these requests but frankly I feel that some of the not so old cases are being approved while the older cases remain untouched. I hope someone can bring these issues to light but these random approvals some in the name of concurrent filing and others for no specific reason has to stop. Maybe service centers should post two separate processing dates for concurrent and non-concurrent filers. With the present chaos no one has any idea as to when their case will be picked up.
Good luck to all of us. vcorl, I hope at least you get approved soon. You have been unfortunate as your RFE was issued in March but your attorney compensated for the early RFE by delaying it.

hadhkardi,
Thanks. wish you get your GC soon. I do agree that USCIS should post our name check/FP status online. Name check expired in 35 days and I guess they are conducting another name check for me now

hadhkardi said:
Thanks vcorl and lucky65. I hope NSC will start looking at July 2002 cases soon. I feel happy for the post July 2002 guys who are being approved but at the same time I can not imagine why they would ignore the cases filed July 2002 or before. If these cases are delayed because of a name check or security clearances I think that information should be posted on case status message. It is ridiculous for people to find out about these issues only after a congressman or Senator's office contacts them. That too if you are lucky enough to find a senator or congressman who is willing to help you. Also it is amazing how people have been faxing requests to TSC stating that their FP's are expiring or they need to be have FP's done. At least TSC is responding to these requests but frankly I feel that some of the not so old cases are being approved while the older cases remain untouched. I hope someone can bring these issues to light but these random approvals some in the name of concurrent filing and others for no specific reason has to stop. Maybe service centers should post two separate processing dates for concurrent and non-concurrent filers. With the present chaos no one has any idea as to when their case will be picked up.
Good luck to all of us. vcorl, I hope at least you get approved soon. You have been unfortunate as your RFE was issued in March but your attorney compensated for the early RFE by delaying it.

Its true that if you dwell on a solution for more that it is required you end up complicating the very problem that u are trying to resolve with that solution..!!

The way USCIS is going about this multiple name check is ridiculous to say the least and in their overcautious zeal they are overlooking the futility of this multiple check (if they really are doing it every 35 days).

Any simpleton can understand that if this check has to be carried out every 35 days until the application has been approved then how does that prevent the persons identity to not show up in some "wanted" list after the adjudication itself ...??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: A simpler process would be to only ask for the status check just prior to the actual adjudication which means that name check should not be a factor in determining if the case is "adjudication ready" as it seems to be the case for now.

Hi vcorcl! I guess you already know from threads elsewhere in this forum that namechecks are now valid for 90 days instead of 35 days. So I think you should hopefully be approved soon without another namecheck.
Good luck.
Following info is from murthy.com
Under the standard operating procedure that began in July 2002, the USCIS was required to conduct a new Interagency Border Inspection Systems (IBIS) records check whenever an applicant's last IBIS check had not occurred within the past 35 days. The validity period of the IBIS check has now increased significantly. This will result in substantial savings to the government in financial costs as well as in time, since they will no longer have to confirm repeatedly that an applicant for an immigration benefit is free of criminal issues and poses no security threat to the U.S.
William Yates, Associate Director of Operations, USCIS, issued a memo on January 20, 2004 changing the 35-day requirement to a 90-day requirement. This Jan 20, 2004 Memo was released to the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) on June 30, 2004.
The USCIS conducted a study to determine whether the validity period of IBIS checks could be extended to 60 days, 90 days, 6 months, or 9 months. The study revealed that, at present, 90 days is the viable timeframe. The policy outlined in the Memo should reduce the backlog by preventing the need for a second or subsequent IBIS check in a number of cases pending at the USCIS service centers and district offices.

Last edited by a moderator:
hadhkardi,
Thank you for your info. I would hope that I'm not stuck at another name check again.

hadhkardi said:
Hi vcorcl! I guess you already know from threads elsewhere in this forum that namechecks are now valid for 90 days instead of 35 days. So I think you should hopefully be approved soon without another namecheck.
Good luck.
Following info is from murthy.com
Under the standard operating procedure that began in July 2002, the USCIS was required to conduct a new Interagency Border Inspection Systems (IBIS) records check whenever an applicant's last IBIS check had not occurred within the past 35 days. The validity period of the IBIS check has now increased significantly. This will result in substantial savings to the government in financial costs as well as in time, since they will no longer have to confirm repeatedly that an applicant for an immigration benefit is free of criminal issues and poses no security threat to the U.S.
William Yates, Associate Director of Operations, USCIS, issued a memo on January 20, 2004 changing the 35-day requirement to a 90-day requirement. This Jan 20, 2004 Memo was released to the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) on June 30, 2004.
The USCIS conducted a study to determine whether the validity period of IBIS checks could be extended to 60 days, 90 days, 6 months, or 9 months. The study revealed that, at present, 90 days is the viable timeframe. The policy outlined in the Memo should reduce the backlog by preventing the need for a second or subsequent IBIS check in a number of cases pending at the USCIS service centers and district offices.

hadkardi,
Can you please post your detail? I'm planning to add you into July2002 Tracker.

hadhkardi said:

vcorcl,
My details are as follows:
I-140:AD:04/02
I-485:RD:7/3/02, ND:7/15/02
FP-1(spouse and self): 09/18/02
FP-2 (self): 5/20/04 updated online 5/27/04
(spouse):06//07/04 updated online 06/15/04
EAD-3:04/04