Registered Users (C)
RD --> 07-19-2001
ND --> 08-27-2001
FP --> 12-20-2001
RFE --> None
AD --> Waiting... :mad: :eek:

Please share you info. Thanks~

cheene , did you speak with an officer?

Better to call an Officer . My case also same RD. I got an RFE on sept'20 and INS received RFE docs back on Oct'8th. I am waiting for my case approval.

Thanks priyali, Ind061973. I don't know if the case was assigned. Next week I will talk to IIO.

RD : 07/20/2001
ND : 08/28/2001
FP : 12/07/2001
RFE : 10/10/2002 - Employment Verification
RFE Response Received : 10/29/2002
Waiting for Approval...

vanakkam, my RFE also received on the same date

My rfe received on the same date. I am also waiting for approval. Last week I called and IIO said that it is assigned to an officer on Nov'1st. One of my friend got his approval in 5 days after RFE is received. It all depends on the officer

When is your case assigned to an officer ?

hi i spoke to iio three weeks before and last week also she said the case has been assigned to the officer and he has not picked it yet. i hope they clear it out before thanksgiving

vannakkam, when did ur case assigned to officer?

You told INS received ur RFE response on Oct'9th and when did they assign it to an officer?

Are they giving any specific time frame after assigning it an officer?

Thanks

they are not giving any speicific time frame . they say they cannot tell any thing it depends upon the work load of the officer.

Delay in Issuance of EADs and Advance Paroles -INS

Delay in Issuance of EADs and Advance Paroles -INS

According to an INS spokesperson, a memorandum that INS has not made public instructs all INS offices to cease same-day adjudications of benefits when there is a temporary A file. This is part of an overall memo requiring all INS offices to undergo certain procedures to “ensure that benefits are not granted to ineligible” persons. Among other things, adjudicators have been told that they must review the full contents of any A file before granting any benefit and that they must review the Service’s Central Index System (CIS) database for additional INS records on the applicant. If any potentially disqualifying information is uncovered, the adjudicator must obtain and review the information and the supervisor or officer-in-charge must sign off on the adjudication.

INS also has advised that, if the FBI indicates in a name check that a negative record might exist, the adjudicator may not complete processing the petition or application until he or she receives a definitive response from the FBI indicating that the information triggered by the name check does not pertain to the applicant in question.

In response to these instructions, District Offices that previously processed employment authorizations and advance paroles on a same-day basis have discontinued the practice, either on a blanket basis or for cases for which they do not have the A file. Some offices have issued blanket statements, such as this one from Harlingen:

“Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Immigration and Naturalization Service will be unable to issue Employment Authorization Documents and Travel Documents until further notice. It is expected that this situation will be resolved in approximately sixty (60) days. If your employer has any questions, they are welcome to contact the Service at (800) 375-5283. We sincerely apologize for the extreme inconvenience this situation will cause you and your family.”

While the INS spokesperson indicated that the policy discussed above would delay issuance of EADs and advance paroles, he had no information as to why some local offices would indicate that they are currently unable to issue EADs and travel documents “until further notice.”

I called IIO

I know that its waste of calling IIO. But still I called this morning.

Icalled INS-Nebraska (I got line in just 1 min)

Then one male officer picked my phone

I just asked how many days it will take after a case is assigned to an officer?

He said it depends on the load of that particular officer. It probably will take a month. But it all depends on the officer

I asked is there any specific procedure in case of any urgency from tha applicant regarding GC approval.

He said NO. Just wait for that officer to work on ur case.

I asked is this friday holiday or working

He said friday is a working day

I did n't gave my LIN# during this call to avoid tracking,because I knw the status of my case.

Just want to share with you.....

Thanks,

July RD

RD : 07/27/2001
RFE Date : 10/15/2002 -- EMP Letter
RFE Responce: 11/14/2002

AD : Wating..........

-----
Sun

Last edited by a moderator:
another July RD

RD - mid July
ND - 29th Aug.

NO RFE or anything. IIO told me it is in security check. Well it has been there since the dinosaur age!

-c