july 2001 approved!! and help please

ysseok

Registered Users (C)
Yes!
It is July 2001 .
It has been a ,long and painful wait.
Here is my summary.

Rd july 2x 2001
nd sep xx 2001(I cant remember exact day)

* 1st FP for primary applicant - dec 2001
wait wait wait for FPnotice for wife -called Ins in nov 2002
*1st FP for wife - dec 2002
*2nd FP for primary applicant - april2003

*Called BCIS to ask why my case takes this long on August 15 2003.
*Approved on August 22 2003.

please help with questionabout stamp.
1.Can I go to Boston BCIS for stamping?(I filed in VSC)
2.When I filed i-485 I submitted i-94 Can I go withot it?or is copy OK?
3.Can I take a courtesy copy of approval notice?Or original?
4.Can I go anyday Or need appointment?

Please Don't lose your hope.
Your day surely will come.

Thank you for your ansewr In advance.

I dub thee Lord of Patience

you have officially overtaken PatienceGC :D :D :D

Congratulations - it had been a long and arduous journey ... enjoy

Congratulations...

You are the man of patience! Forget the past...enjoy the moment...u have every right to party bud:)

Answers

Congratulations on your approval ! Its well deserved...

Now answers to your questions:

1. You will get your approval notice in the mail and that will tell you where and when you should go for your stamping. If you are not in the same area where they ask you to go, then I guess the best thing would be to call BCIS and ask them. Alternatively, you can go to your local BCIS office and try there.

2. They will need your original I-94 since that will get cancelled and you will get your stamp and eventually your GC. Where is your I-94 ? Did you submit the original ? if you have a copy of your I-94 go to your local BCIS and ask them to give you another I-94 (by showing them the copy). For GC stamping, you should have your original I-94.

3. The courtesy copy of the approval is just fine. Thats what you will get. The original will go to the attorney.

4. You can go anyday, but you should try and go on the day mentioned on your approval letter, since thats the day the BCIS will process your kind of cases. If you go on any other day, then you have a much longer wait to get your stamping done, since there are people for other jobs also.

All the best !

Congrats on your approval.

DelhiCP... You got approved twice??? what does that mean? Did you apply for 485 twice? or you received 2 approval letters at different dates? Can you please provide more info. Haw can this happen

Congratulations!

Best wishes! This must be an emotional, or even tearful, day for you after extra, extra miles.

To bunchofquestion,

Since I'm also a bum on this forum, I happen to know DelhiCP's secret. DelhiCP literally got two approval notices for one case. Too bad that joy can't be divided.

bunchofquestion,
Well I only got approved once, but I got two notices of approval. I got my second approval notice after I had already got my stamping done. It seems the second approval notice was automatically sent by the BCIS system after they got my fingerprints and pictures.

Its a common occurance and there are other people on this forum who have had similar experiences.

And yes, robertx71 is correct.... I did get 2 approval notices. I am keeping the one dated 6/10/03 as my souvenir !

Sadly though it cant be shared, otherwise you would see a ton of these on ebay ;)