shevas

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
Applied - October 2007
Test - Passed in February 2008
RQ Sent - April 2008
RQ Submitted - April 2008
Judge Interview August 2009

I have an interview scheduled with the CIC judge in the last week of August after waiting for 17 long months. The reason I recieved the RQ was because I had applied with less than 1095 days of physical presence but I have a lot of health issues going on(a few of which were life threatening at one point) and so am accompanying my canadian citizen spouse in the United States who is working here temporarily. My spouse had to face a lay-off and was forced to accept the first avalaible job in the US and my trip to visit him temporarily turned into a longer stay due to my health problems. I have sent all my doctor's papers along with my RQ and a long letter with the explaination of what is going on. Also I have been upfront and mentioned about my temporary stay in the US from day 1 on my citizenship application. Inspite of all of this my application was very smooth sailing untill the test and got delayed after that.
So I want to know everybody's experience in terms of the judge hearing and what to expect on that day. I have nothing to hide because my application is as straight forward as it can be.
I really appreciate everybody's personal experiences & thoughts and pointers to this upcoming interview.

My wife is exactly in the same situation. She did not complete the physical requirements and she applied for citizenship truthfully. She was asked to take the test 3 days ago and the officer said she will be called for an interview as she didnt meet the physical requirements.

So how did your interview go. And how long did it take for you after your citizenship test to get an interview with the judge.

Thanks,
Pharmacist

I have an interview scheduled with the CIC judge in the last week of August after waiting for 17 long months. The reason I recieved the RQ was because I had applied with less than 1095 days of physical presence but I have a lot of health issues going on(a few of which were life threatening at one point) and so am accompanying my canadian citizen spouse in the United States who is working here temporarily. My spouse had to face a lay-off and was forced to accept the first avalaible job in the US and my trip to visit him temporarily turned into a longer stay due to my health problems. I have sent all my doctor's papers along with my RQ and a long letter with the explaination of what is going on. Also I have been upfront and mentioned about my temporary stay in the US from day 1 on my citizenship application. Inspite of all of this my application was very smooth sailing untill the test and got delayed after that.
So I want to know everybody's experience in terms of the judge hearing and what to expect on that day. I have nothing to hide because my application is as straight forward as it can be.
I really appreciate everybody's personal experiences & thoughts and pointers to this upcoming interview.[/QUOTE]