EB II, Non RIR

PD 1-9-1999
RD 8-7-2001
ND 9-18-2001
FP 2-22-2002
AD 9-23-2002

RFE: None
IIO: Never talked
AVM: Checked twice a month after August.
Rupnet: Checked almost daily.
Profrssion: Non Engineering and IT

My I-485 was filed for CP in Montreal. Decided to go for 485 as one Immigration Officer was declining cases in Montreal.
I changed job after 11 months and 15 days as company got sold and new owner wanted to bring in his own team. I did not inform INS. My job duties and title remained same. Location changed from Dearborn to Livonia.
My lawyer was very uncooperative in the begning. My company had good reason to file RIR, but he filed for regular labor. Labor took 25 months. At I-140 stage he did not sent educastional equivalence and I had an RFE. Process got delayrd by two months. Then I-484 took its own sweet time. Anyhow survived the Atlantic journey.
I enjoyed this forum for the last two years. The frustration, jokes, light chat, political and religious discussion after 9/11 was interesting.
Now my family members are teasing me and asking what is goingto be my passtime after the approval as they saw me most of the time on this board or Rupnet.
I feel there should be a forum for posting experience with the lawyer as my lawyer troubled me a lot. My son missed admission to Univ. of Michigan Ann Arbor for BS Mechanical Engineering since we were not PR of US till the start of this Fall semester, inspite of his having excellent high school and ACT score.
Any way all is well that ends well.
I am very proud of Indian Educational System which has produced some of the excellent minds.
Today is Gandhi Jayanti. Enjoy.

Jai Hind.
:)

Experience at INS Detroit

We reached INS Detroit at 1.30 PM. on 9-30-02. The approval notice came by mail on 9-28-02. Out of four, we had only three approval notice since one notice did not arrive by mail. The on-line and AVM confirmed the fourth approval too.
The guard at the entrance put time of arrival on each notice, which will be the order of calling. He pointed towards a tray at the right corner of the room. The tray consisted of a lid of Staples paper copier box and on a pink paper pasted on it ,was written Approvals. The tray was empty and I put the notices in it. The room was full. A lady called my name at 2.00PM. I told the lady officer of one missing approval notice and she took the driver licence and punched the last name and said, Yes, the case is approved.
We were told to sign a paper and put finger print on it. The whole process took fifteen minutes for four of us. The lady officer was extremely nice and friendly and wished us good luck and welcomed us as immigrant. She told that the plastic card will come within a year.
Then in the evening I called my family in Delhi. Interestingly Delhi has a code of 11. When I finished dialing the number, I heard; Emergency 911 how I can help you. I was shocked, and then I immediately reliased that 011-91-11-xxxxxxx must have mistakenly went to 911. I apologised the officer and he told me that lot of times they get connected while people are calling to India and Delhi.
So it was an interesting day for us.

Thanks everyone for their good wishes.