Joint Credit Card Holders?

Hiddendragon38

Registered Users (C)
Hi, All,
I have been reading posts on the is forum and many people mentioned that they have credit card statements for both themselves and the spouses. I have already added my husband's name as additional cardholder, but in the monthly statement, only my name shows up. So I called my credit card company (citicards) but they told me that they could not add my husband's name to the statement, which is bizarre.... so what did you guy do to have a joint credit card account? we have a joint checking account, but we would like to have as many joint stuff as possible... thanks!

Hi,
I had the same question:) I added my husband to my account as an authorised user. As you noticed in this case the user's name doesn't appear on monthly statement. I called Citibank and just asked them to send me a letter to confirm that my husband was added to my account. They did it for me with no questions asked.

That all depends on the finacial instution and their database systems. Sometime this is restricted from a company policy or not having room for a second name in their database interface. I got a company to add both of us by doing a C/O for my name and add my wife as the primary recipient.

I had the same problem with adding my husband's name to our Verizon telephone bill. I spoke with two different people from the customer service department about it ,and they all told me that there can not be 2 names on the account ( that is their policy ). I also found it very strange ,because we were able to open joint accounts with other utility companies, banks.
I think it really depends on a company's policy. Maybe you should try another bank.
Another thing, is that with credit card companies it's kind of hard to open an account in general as they check your credit history and can turn you down if they think it's not good enough. But in any event, as another person said above, you can always request a letter stating that your husband is a second holder of the account plus your credit cards must have 2 names ( the one for your husband -your husband' s name and yours- your own name).

Last edited by a moderator:
That really depends on the company policy some say that they don't have room from both even your spouse is an authorize user or in other case specially in credit cards some have the policy that until the person be a permanent resident for sure or a US citizen they won't extend the benefits for the credit card to your spouse.
In the case that is for not enough space in their system or that your spouse is an authorize user but doesn't appear on the statement you can ask your company that send a letter that your spouse is authorize in that account.
Good luck,