Joe, My I-89 problem

dodo1

Registered Users (C)
I got my passport stamped in July 2002. My message never changed and remained "your case has been approved". Since then I called CSC several times and was told everything is good and that my card should arrive soon. My last call to CSC, the IIO said that my I-89 was never scanned and that since my file has been sent to Vermont storage, he will have to reorder my file and get my I-89 scanned. He said it could take another 8 weeks.

What is normal time it could take, in your opinion?

Please let me know

Thanks

dodo1,

The same thing happened to me. My I-485 was approved at VSC in March 2002. I got my passport stamped in May. My wife got her card the same month. When I talked to an IIO in January, I was told my I-89 had never been scanned and would be retrieved from storage. The IIO told me that they would contact me soon. I got a letter a month later saying that my fingerprint on I-89 was indistinguishable and I need to go to the local INS office to redo the form I-89. I did that 2 months ago and still nada.

Good Luck

gandalf_white

I got the same letter like you did today.
The letter asking me go to local INS office. Can I go to the application support centre or I should go to the field office like the one in downtown los angeles. Which office did you go to to get finger print taken for I-89

Thanks