Job transfer with EAD

YK_P

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I got an offer and start new job next month(I was laid off last month). I am currently holding EAD until 02/26/03 and plan to get
an iEAD next month(applied for extension of EAD on Oct.2002).

1. As far as I know, I can work with my current EAD at any time from now before expiration date(02/26/03). Is there any restrictions or needed documents ?

2. If I don't get iEAD before expiration date, do I quit the job or any other way to keep job ? Is there any case of denying iEAD at local INS office ?

3. If I transfer to new job, do I need to report INS about job changes ? If so, what kind of documents do I need to report ?

4. To keep my current I-485 processing, what kind of documents and procedures are needed ? How can I prove this is same/similar category of job ?

Your sincere and kind answers are appreciated.

Best Regards,

===================
I-485 RD Oct.19.2001
WAC02-042-5XXXXX
EAD - 02/26/03
extension of EAD - 10/24/02
===================

1. As far as I know, I can work with my current EAD at any time from now before expiration date(02/26/03). Is there any restrictions or needed documents ?
- You can change employer only if your I-485 was with INS for at least 180 days.
2. If I don't get iEAD before expiration date, do I quit the job or any other way to keep job ? Is there any case of denying iEAD at local INS office ?
- If you don't get iEAD, you can not work for anyone without valid H1 or EAD. Apply a new H1 to keep a job if you don't have EAD.
- To get iEAD from local INS office, you have to sumit EAD renew with INS service center and wait for 90 days. Then you go to local INS office to apply iEAD using I-485 receipt, EAD receipt, etc.
3. If I transfer to new job, do I need to report INS about job changes ? If so, what kind of documents do I need to report ?
- Generally you don't have to report job change unless INS send you a RFE.
4. To keep my current I-485 processing, what kind of documents and procedures are needed ? How can I prove this is same/similar category of job ?
- You need to do nothing but wait. If INS send you a RFE, you might need to provide new employer information.
(Get a lawyer to consult)