Job references

Herohonda

Registered Users (C)
I know what I am asking here is not immigration related, but folks here know lot of things. I recently recieved my GC, I am not in the IT field, I am in the Engineering and I am looking to change my job. As you know recruiters here wants to know the references, Since I came from different country few years ago and I have been working for only one employer, I can't provide the references like the people here do and I don't want to give out the references of my collegues at my current work location as everyone in the company will know even before I leave which is not a very good thing to do. Anyone have come across such thing ? if yes How did you handle it ?

You can put like- will be provided on request. So at the least you will know whom to give or not. This normally comes at very last stage. You can still use your old friends in the country of Origin.

Don't you have any close friends at your current place. The refs are checked in the final stage and you can give those at that time.

references

Wouldnt worry about it at this stage - references are usually when they've already decided to give you the job and have to complete the formalities/process and verify they're not making a mistake, as opposed to using the reference as a basis on whether or not to accept you. Some places do it differently tho and the references are a basis to move forward in the job application process.

This happens to one of my friend. The employer called my friend company and talked to them even before he interviewed my friend. In fact he clearly mentioned not to call the company now. Now his company knows that he is looking for a job . Check the employer profile before you give your company profile.