Job Profile & Pay

v_dharini

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have a question on Job profile/Pay:

If someone's job profile changes between I-140 filing and I-140 approval, is there a problem ?? Assuming the job profile change is due to a promotion from a regular employee to that of a functional manager.

Also what happens if there is no pay rise associated with the increased responsibility, say due to current economic condiation the employer is unwilling to provide a pay rise and promises them later?

Will these become issues during CP interview ???

Thanks in advance,

Changing to a managerial type position is a HUGE change and BCIS will require the entire GC process beginning at LC to be re-started. The job description is supposed to remain same until GC is approved. However if your new responsibilities are IN ADDITION TO the LC listed responsibilities and can get your employer to state so in the notarized employmenr letter, you will be OK. Then there is AC21 and I am not sure (I think no one is) how it will help this situation.
Salary should not be an issue unless the current salary is so much less than promised salary that the credibility of the promise comes into question.

If the change in job profile results in a change in the duties and responsibilities of the employee then this will be an issue.

This will be viewed as a petition for a totally new position and hence cannot be based on the LC approved earlier.

Pay and the title of the position are secondary in importance.
It is what the person DOES that is crucial.

Raju