Job Mistmatch

rfequestion

I got an RFE requesting the usual letter from current employer, with date of hire, duties, remunerations, prospect of continued employment, paystubs for the last two months, W-2's for the last two years.
My story is, I got laid-off luckily after my 180 days were up, so since I had my EAD card, I went on to search for a new job as programmer analyst. I went to several job interviews and was unable to land a job - bad timing (everyone can relate to the economic issues in the last 4 years). So I decided to just take whatever I could to feed my family. All this time, I never knew it was mandatory to stick to the same job field when my I-140 was approved, until I got this letter last month from USCIS.
My new job title is Web and Database Admin with less salary figures compared to what is on my I-140 approval. Nothing shows in my job description about programming, infact the programmers are overseas..:-(
One more thing, my w2 for last year does not add up to the proferred wage, ( I have 6 months worth to show) since I never got a job until toward the end of last year.
What should I do - help, has anyone been in this situation?

You may try to get the Job that matches the job duties in your labout now and send that letter to USCIS.

best is to talk to your employer about the issue and try to get the EVL letter from them with same job description.

If money is not an issue, try to take advise from a lawyer.

Agree with Viswamohan, the best way is to talk to your employer. I guess if it is a small company then this should not be a problem. Salary is not an issue I have seen people approved with 30% less salary.