Job description similarity for EVL

gc_485_atl

Registered Users (C)
For a RFE response for an EVL:
How similar your new job has to be that of your previous job (at time of 485 application/labor)? How broadly is it interpreted?

Is a developer position say on COM/.NET on Windows platform considered similar to say Java/J2EE role on UNIX since they both are still software development?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
140 AD 09/02
485 RD/ND 09/02
FP 10/03
RFE 07/15/04

yet to get the RFE

I (my attorney) am yet to get the RFE letter. Online status says it was issued on 07/15. My wife's 485 is not issued RFE, I am guessing its for EVL. So preparing for it ahead of time. I will post the officer # when I get the RFE letter.

Its good thing to prepare before.
check Labor Certification Form ETA-750/A (I believe) for detail.

you would see the position Title.

I am sure as Computer Programmer / Software Developer/ you are all fine.and fit

the com/.net are tools which used in ur job.
Try to use same in EVL. if possible.

The both are same catagery. with different tools. I didn't see any issue with that.

Don't panic. realx and smile :D think in this way u are carpenter have to fix ur GC (Green-Chair :D ). doesn't matter u have Drill or Saw in ur hand.

you have strong case u are not working other than ur field.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent

Prince of Jungle,

Excellent Interpretation. You are 100 % right.

RS100

"We can get everything in life we want, if we help enough other people get what they want" - Zig Ziglar

POJ you are right!!!
cause when the company filed for my labor .... .NET was not around yet.
came out soon after....

Lawyer, Employer, and myself worked together on the job description...the lawyer had suggested not to name any specific technologies or companies...like Microsoft, Oracle...etc...

My Interpretation

I think it will be just fine but I disagree that tools that are used make no difference.

When one gets labor certification, it means that there are no qualified US workers to fill the *specific* position. Remember the very detailed job description with exprience and tools listed? This is the reason.

So, all after all, I would recommend focusing on the original tools in the EVL.

Thanks!