job change cases?? help needed.

everest

Registered Users (C)
Just came back from a break for my baby\'s birth, his birth didn\'t bring me the luck and I got an RFE for employment letter, tax returns, pay stubs. I changed job after a year\'s pending of I-485.

Anybody knows any progress on AC21 regulations? or can any guru suggest the format/content of employment letters? Or anybody with similar experience? My attorney is preparing draft letters for both my new and old companies and I do have a good relationship with the old company, leaving is because of large layoff/closing.

Thanks.

ND 01/00, RD 12/99.

No Title

Hi Everest,
I\'m pretty much in a similar situation as yours. I checked with a couple of lawyers and they advised that I should wait for another 1-2 months before I can reply the RFE. Basically, the wait is to see if the regulations/memo would come out for AC21 and hopefully we can use that directly. Are you not doing the same? Or are you going to reply for what they asked as soon as possible?

thanks -- simpleguy (simpleguygc@yahoo.com)

No Title

hello maddi2000,
My details are: EB2-India, PD:3/99, 485 ND:1/00, Job changed 9/00 (just before AC21 was signed), FP:3/01, RFE Rcvd: 4/30/01. Waiting for a couple of months before I can reply. RFE is for sponsor letter, 2 years tax returns, last 6 months pay stubs.
please post your details? when did you change the job? what is your lawyer saying?

thanks -- simpleguy (simpleguygc@yahoo.com)

No Title

Hi,

EB3 PD 10/98 RD 3/27/00 ND 3/31/00. Later applied in EB2 got labor and I 140. ament new EB2 I 140 in Nov-2000. I changed employer in Feb-2001. I got RFE for current employer letter+ pay stubs for 3 pay periods. I am planning to submit letter from my old employer +old pay stubs till Feb-2001. My lawyer thinks i am unpaid leave from Feb with my sponsering employer. my lawyer is company lawyer.

Please lef me know your advise on this. If we all plan to consult rajeev/murhty that may be helpful.

Thanks,

No Title

Hi, SimpleGuy and Maddy2000, currently my attorney is trying to draft a letter which will quote AC21 from my new employer. But he is taking it slowly, I am not sure if he is simply waiting for the regulation or just taking his "research" time.

Though I might be able to get old employer to give me a letter, even leave of absence, the new attorney doesn\'t suggest that. He is pretty confident the AC21 shall prevail. The problem for me is how long?

my email address is everest_wang@hotmail.com, let\'s keep contact.