Job change after 180 days of 485 filing.

mamtu24

Registered Users (C)
I started my 485 process on May 2001 and i am still waiting for my approval. Looks like my company is letting people go and i am thinking of taking up another job in the same area. Is there going to be a problem for my Approval.180 days have passed over 180 days ago.Please advice.Thanks.

Use AC21

Just go ahead and change your job. Just make sure that your new employer will be willing to give you a letter stating intention to permanently hire you at prevailing wages. I also have RD of 5/01 and have changed jobs in 12/01 using AC21. I just informed INS about the change. Keeping my fingers crossed . Plenty of other people have had approvals based on AC21.

Hi VillageMD, did you inform INS after you changed the job!? or 1 week before or so before!?

Could you please reply if I have to do the same thing.??
 I have already replied to the RFE last month and waiting for approval. But, now I am planning on changing the job after sending RFE. Do I need to use AC21? Can I just wait for another RFE, if any. Could you please let me know!?

Yes, you can wait

Yes, rbanda, you can wait for RFE. I finally got tired of waiting for my case to be opened. Besides, I have moved from WA to IL and I had to inform INS of my address change anyway sooner or later so last week I went ahead and had my lawyer send in my new employer\'s letter. Maybe they\'ll be forced to open my file when they receive the new info and they may decide to start adjudication on my file.You can wait for an RFE ( maybe you\'ll never get one ). Though remember that I have not been approved yet, so take my advice with caution. All the best.