Job after waiver subject to H1 quota?

nephdoc2003

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends,

Since retrogression is here to stay, one question that will arise time and again is whether the H1 quota will be applicable to any subsequent jobs after the J1 waiver.

I am told that any subsequent jobs on H1 will also be exempt from the quota. Any thoughts??

well i think this point u should confirm with lawyer, i think in the subsequent job as long as the new job does not come under H1b quote ,its exempt , not otherwise

Hello friends,

Since retrogression is here to stay, one question that will arise time and again is whether the H1 quota will be applicable to any subsequent jobs after the J1 waiver.

I am told that any subsequent jobs on H1 will also be exempt from the quota. Any thoughts??

It depends on type of jobs.
If you are employed in non profit higher education institute, then it will be exempt from the cap

I did talk to an attorney. She tells me that the subsequent jobs will be exempt from the quota. I certainly hope she's right!!!!!

The job change and new H1b after completion of J1 waiver is exempt from the cap. I just switched to a new h1b after finishing my waiver.

Thanks gondalguru, that was helpful information. I wanted to find out about requirement for refiling PERM. If you have filed I-485, you have a work permit. Why do you need to file another PERM?

Your new job was cap exempt based on the fact that you had finished a waiver? Not because of academic affiliation etc.?

After completing waiver, new job on H1 will be exempt from the cap no matter where u work (acedemic v/s private)

I filed new PERM to get the GC faster because my I-485 is pending based on NIW where I will have to work for 5 yrs before becoming eligible for GC.

Physicians and residents,

Stuck in retrogression, processing delays?

If you're interested in a special interest group, please visit Immigration Voice where a few physicians and residents are in the process of forming a think-tank

Visit http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4817
Requires free signing up. You are encouraged to come forward and connect with "paskal" and "mhb" and other physician members.

Thanking immigrationportal.com in advance for being able to communicate this message.