JIM HELP!!!! NSC is not resenting 485-RFE...

comeongc

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus

My wife’s RFE is sent back to NSC because of address problem.
My company relocated into new Office and did no informed INS.
My company lawyer called INS on 12/17 and changed the address and request to resent the RFE.
But till today INS has not resent it.
My wife called INS two times since then and IIO told yes we received the new address and we will send.
First rfe issued on 11/13 and 12-week period to reply RFE will end on 02/08.

Pl. let me know what can I do????
Will INS give extra period after I receive the RFE ?

Thanks

I feel your pain!!! Do not assume anything with regard to INS (with regard to them giving you extra time to respond). Some years ago my wife finished her graduate studies and applied for the Practical Training Work Permit for a period of six months ( you can apply for six months and extend for another 6 months). Her card took 5 months to reach her. When we went to the local office to complain that she had already lost 5 months, they refused to do anything about it and she effectively got one month. The point I am making is that they expect us to stick to the rules down to the smallest details while they can delay, make mistakes etc with very little accountability and the worst part is that sometimes ( as in our case) they refuse to admit mistakes and DO THE RIGHT THING (as Spike Lee would say!). Let us hope that a similar thing does not happen in your case. Do not take things sitting down...you must push hard for asking for extra time if necessary. Good Luck.