Ji visa 2YHRR partially complete-Kindly appreciate yout help

6sigma

Dear Sirs,

I came to US on J-1 visa(US gov. funding) in 2004 for a one-year exchange program, which means that I am subject to 2YHRR. After completion of the program in 2005, I went back to my home country and stayed there for almost 1 year and 4 months. Then I left for Germany and stayed there 4 months. While in Germany I applied for an F-1 visa and got a stamp on my passport. Now I am doing my MBA in US and got a job offer from the accounting company. The regulations say that I can get H1B status however I will not be able to travel outside the US for the tenure of my status. I would appreciate if you address the following concers I have:

1) Can count that 4 months in Germany as if I were in my home country? if not, how does INS find out if I really was in my home country?
2) Does the fact that I completed most of the 2YHRR-1 year, 4 months-help me get the waiver or any sort of ease?
3) What would your suggest be to my case?

Sincerely appreciate your time and assistance...

Dear Sirs,

I came to US on J-1 visa(US gov. funding) in 2004 for a one-year exchange program, which means that I am subject to 2YHRR. After completion of the program in 2005, I went back to my home country and stayed there for almost 1 year and 4 months. Then I left for Germany and stayed there 4 months. While in Germany I applied for an F-1 visa and got a stamp on my passport. Now I am doing my MBA in US and got a job offer from the accounting company. The regulations say that I can get H1B status however I will not be able to travel outside the US for the tenure of my status. I would appreciate if you address the following concers I have:

1) Can count that 4 months in Germany as if I were in my home country? if not, how does INS find out if I really was in my home country?
2) Does the fact that I completed most of the 2YHRR-1 year, 4 months-help me get the waiver or any sort of ease?
3) What would your suggest be to my case?

Sincerely appreciate your time and assistance...

1. No
2. may help.
3. do more research on the forums, others have been in the same boat as you. You should investigate for people from your country that received a waiver or not and if they were successful, then you may want to apply for the waiver now.